1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela/Gordon for LeBron in December assume that LeBron signs a supermax $210M?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballscientist1, Apr 25, 2018.

?

Would you trade Capela/Gordon for LeBron in December assume that LeBron signs a supermax $210M?

1. Yes.

45.4%
  2. No, he isn't worth Capela and Gordon.

54.6%
  1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

In the Western Conference No Way, You Need A Center that is Quick and Agile that is Capela a 23 year old or do you want 32 year old LeBron James no thanks. LeBron James will take all the credit of James Harden. Which he is known for, look at Kyrie he was tired of LeBron Drama requested a trade to leave LeBron.

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The deal-breaker is capela. He’s so underrated in his role. We don’t have any wing defenders that can keep their man in front of them. And Lebron is the worst defender I seen this year. He literally just stands back and tried to point-direct defenders like he’s a traffic guard while assuming no defensive responsibility at all. I’d rather trade

MICHAEL W LAND and rockets1995 like this.
  3. ballscientist1

Good Question.

Assumption: Rockets are runner-up in the west.

100% votes "absolutely not" if Rockets have won the Championship. (that is easy)

4. ballscientist1

Do you think there is a better chance to win Championship with LeBron the next 5 years?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LeBron at the 4, sign a shooter, stick any Tyson Chandler you can find at the 5. Sounds good to me. Y'all cray.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  6. ballscientist1

At this moment; vote result is 18:18. Interesting!!

Honestly, I myself did not vote.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Since when? When was the last time a team in the west relied on a quick & agile center to get them a title in the west?

8. Wylo

Wylo Member

In no way should this team trade away Capela. The dude is extremely important to this team. Ariza + Gordon should be our assets for a decent return.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

No, don't want the serial whiner on the team.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

How many young Centers are there in the league, Towns, Gobert, Embiid. Those teams are future contenders for many years. We cannot acquire a Center that is as good as Capela. Capela is going to be a All Star like Deandre Jordan with the Clippers.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The Rockets are hosting a game 5 against the Timberwolves tonight to advance in the 2018 NBA Playoffs, in April.

Stormy1234 and Reeko like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good match for clutchfans :D

Reeko likes this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Clint Capela is outplaying Karl Anthony Towns a All Star, by scoring, rebounding, blocked shots, outrunning him, catching alley oops. He plays with so much heart.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. ballscientist1

Good point!

Seeking for replacement with Capela and Gordon. It is easier. MLE to Rudy Gay?

It is hard to replace LeBron.

Starters:

LeBron/Paul/Harden/Gay/Ariza

Benches:
    Tucker
    Luc
    Green

#34 ballscientist1, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  15. sheb

sheb Member

Doesn’t Deandre Jordan want to come to Houston for cheap ?

Let Capella get over paid and trade the streaky Gordon

Sign Lebron and Deandre

Paul / ?
    Harden / Green
    Ariza / Luc
    Lebron / Tucker
    Jordan / ?

^^ tell me that team is not better than our current team...

Then trade Ryno plus our num 1 for quality backups

Red Chocolate likes this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Poll was tied now 24 no vs 23 yes.
    ;)

I’m just worried about the chemistry of this team with Lebron here. Harden won’t like it at all being bossed around and Lebron telling him what to wear :}.
    But really I think James and Lebron won’t have a good chemistry unless Lebron takes the back seat like Chris did. And I doubt Lebron won’t wanna dictate our style of play and everything the rockets do.
    This is Hardens team if Lebron comes I’m sure it will turn into Lebron a team.

Plus is not only chemistry.
    This trade wouldn’t work anyway. Not unless Lebron takes a big payout which he won’t.

We would have to hit out the team. No one but Harden and Chris would be able to stay.
    Would be nice if we can get Jordan for cheap but not unless Lebron takes a pay cut.

Another thing is Lebron is the best player but he doesn’t make his team mates better. Imo

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

capela is a borderline all star, perfect fit for our system, super important to our team as currently constructed.

lebron gets you to the finals by himself. every year.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No, and good news is we can't do that deal any way.

Can't do a sign and trade for Capela that includes another player (so can't aggregate Gordon's salary here).

So a Lebron for Capela/Gordon deal would have to be structured as something like:
    Capela signed to a big max for Lebron signed to a number close enough in salary matching straight up and then Gordon for some of their roster trash.
    -Cleveland wouldn't want this deal because it would mean Capela would be WAY overpaid

Capela sign and trade for Cleveland trash and then Gordon+Anderson+filler to for Lebron
    -Cleveland maybe would be ok with this but it would really be gutting OUR team.

fba34 and saleem like this.
  19. ballscientist1

I checked the vote 2nd time, still tie.

Vote result 25:25

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is why we have Morey. It's his job to figure all this out.