1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. dmoneybangbang

A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

2. abaker28

abaker28 Member

As much as I'd like to see an Aussie on the team, Maker isn't worth giving up Capella for.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Aussie Aussie Aussie

;)

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Thon Maker is a bad ass name. You gotta go with that.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Yes.
    One question.
    Who is Thon Maker?
    I like his name.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I wouldn't do the trade because I think Capela is going to surprise slot of ppl this season with his play and the weight he puts on.

With that said I would love for the rockets to try and get in range to draft Thon Maker. The rockets need to go after guys who have boom/bust potential. We need to draft a guy who could end up being an Allstar. We haven't drafted an Allstar in almost 15 years when we drafted Yao. Thon def has potential to be a Allstar level player but he also has bust written all over him.

He does have the athletism the size and ball handling that is intriguing, but perry jones III had it all to and I don't even know if he's in the league anymore. Either way we need to try's and hit the lottery on somebody and he's as good as any in the mid to late first round.

If we don't get a big time FA you got to have one of these young guys develop into a Allstar and show enough promise that harden wants to team up with them long term and re sign.

MOREY needs to go find another James Harden type guy who many don't think is a superstar talent but turns out to be. Don't need somone as good but has to be Allstar level.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we are trying desperately to find all-stars in the late lottery and first round, we are in serious trouble. James will be long gone by then, and the odds are stacked, STACKED.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

**** no, we dont need any thon makers. i dont even know wtf a thon maker is?
    if we had to trade him for a factory worker, i'd go for a krispy kreme maker or frozen bacon cheeseburger maker
    **** a thon maker, what is that healthy salads and sht? disgusting! :mad:

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

it's funny you say that. dude straight up looks like a strake jesuit version of rashard lewis before he fell in love with the three. even the way he runs the court. of course every rocket fan should know, he fell in that exact slot in the draft.

i'm comfortable saying "no".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hj7rv6YKFls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thon looks lazy and seems to have attention problems. I doubt he is a rotation player before his 4th or 5th year in the league.

Given his physical attributes and ability to hit a J, there HAS to be serious issues with this guy for him not to go in the top 5.

He has horrendous hands, and it has a lot to do with the fact that he has small hands. He loses attention all the time when he doesn't have the ball, on offense and defense. He can't handle the ball well enough to create that way. No post game.

If he were 6'10 we wouldn't even be talking about him IMO, and you don't need a 7 footer in this league anymore.

12. basketballholic

If he is that bad why were some of the most prominent college basketball programs recruiting him?

13. Chamillionaire

Lewis went to A list. Not SJ IIRC.

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

you're absolutely right. was thinking of another guy with a similar frame that played there those years.

thx for the correction. still sticking with the comparison though.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's bad. I'm just not sure anyone is seeing him develop and progress like he should be. Like I've stated, many scouts say he regressed last year. Ive also read that they feel like all the attention has gone to his head. Maybe you can chalk it up as being young. It's up to him from here on out. Maker clearly has the skills to be successful at the next level, but it's up to him to work hard and get there. I like his potential, but he is a bit of a project.

16. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Nah, not straight up. It's not like I think Capela is a great prospect either though. I kinda figure that Capela won't be that great or good, but I still have somewhat hope on him. Thon Maker is more of a early second rounder though. May even drop to the early 40s . I think at 37 we might have a small chance at drafting him.

I think his potential is what a lot of scouts liked about him. Well, obviously that's what scouts liked about him. He seems versatile enough. Akin to Giannis.

17. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

I say no just because I am not a fan of straight outta High School or one & dones. Too many guys come into the NBA not ready fundamentally and physically and by the time they are their rookie contract is up of almost up. I wish they would change the age requirement, but I doubt that happens.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Don't know much about Maker, but Rockets aren't doing much next season unless Rockets hit it big in free agency. Capela has two years left on rookie salary. So basically, he's got one year that he could help Rockets make the playoffs before his contract starts to get significantly bigger. I'm not sold on him being a good player.

I would be looking at trade options for Capela just don't know if Maker would be what should be settled.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Joe Joe is a can kicker

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member