1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you throw a huge offer for Kevin Love?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jan 19, 2016.

?

Do you make a run for Kevin Love?

1. Yes, he's still a star player and will space the floor nicely.

41 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. No, he wouldn't make this team that much better.

64 vote(s)
    61.0%
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Kevin Love is akin to Ryan Anderson on the Cavs. I would give up anything to the Cavs aside from Harden, Howard, Capela, DMo. Everyone else would be fair game....yes, even Ariza. Kevin Love is still a star player - he just isn't being used much on the Cavs.

KJ could fill in for Ariza since this season is likely a wash with how unstoppable the Warriors/Spurs look. Get KJ some experience and he'll be much improved next year.

Bev
    Harden
    KJ
    Love
    Dwight

Love would be the 2nd consistent scorer that the team desperately needs. I don't think the Cavs would do it, but assuming they would, I go all in. To be frank, if they wanted Dwight for Love I'd do it also. I want Dwight to win a ring, and he has a better chance in Cleveland. Not to mention, I don't think it's wise to give Dwight a 100+ million dollar while he's aging / declining.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Kevin Love is ruining the Cavs right now and has locker room issues

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Kevin love would fit better on our squad but I don't see the cavs wanting what we have

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

They'd only want Ariza, the rest would probably be nothing that they'd be excited about. Perhaps a 3 team deal where they'd also get Kieff.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

between love and harden, neither would play defense, or know how to lead a locker room.

6. tdo

tdo Member

Love is on Harden's level of poor defense. I'd rather not add any more players allergic to playing defense at this juncture. Then again we could just go the Nash Suns route, and try to just outscore every team. It seems we have that mentality as it is anyway.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Love is very overrated. I wouldn't want him here even on a discounted price.

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

Love to Houston, Ariza/Markieff to Cleveland, Jones/Brewer and a 2nd round pick to Phoenix

9. chandlerbang21

OP missed that GSW/CLE game from yesterday. They intentionally put Klove in bad situations on defense and abused him all night.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I want defense out of my 4. Somebody who is gonna bring the effort consistently. Having a defensive liability in the front court can break your entire defense. Plus he posts some empty offensive stats.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

With Capela, Ariza, Motie, Jones, Dekker, Harrell, KJ and future 1st, 2nds

There might be some kind of 3 way deal we could muster up.

12. Moahst

Moahst Member

I think Cleveland would be very interested in both Ariza and Capela. The real question is does our team get better by adding Love and subtracting those two. The perimeter defense will take a huge and likely fatal hit while the offense and rebounding will theoretically skyrocket. There's no doubt that Dwight and Kevin Love are a pairing for the ages but what if Dwight goes down again for a long stretch of time and we have no Capela to fill in for him? I think it's all too risky and doesn't get us anywhere this season. I do think you could easily find an Ariza replacement this summer in the free agency though.

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We would need to scoop up an Ariza like player which would be hard

14. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

I don't think you understand what a huge offer is. What's left beside those players?

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

Well I think we all know the Rockets aren't reaching the WCF this year and maybe not the 2nd round depending on seeding, let alone winning the title. You make this move and then hire Thibs in the off season to improve the horrendous defense.

16. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

That trade would be nice. doubt it happens thou lol

17. Swishh

Swishh Member

True, I'd get rid of DMo if it meant bringing in Love.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Cant have harden and Love on the same team. You can't hide that, especially with an inexperienced played (KJ). Only if you had prime duncan/Leonard type of defenders at the 3 and 5.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Only issue would be our defense.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

Which is why you hire Thibs in the off season.

1 person likes this.