1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

would you take luka doncic now or james harden from age 20-30 starting now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Nov 24, 2019.

?

would you take luka doncic now or james harden from age 20-30 starting now?

1. doncic now

60.7%
  2. 20 year-old harden now

39.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

not exactly. seems you missed the point of the thread.

people are hyped about doncic for good reason. just because you're not, doesn't make it not warranted.

trae is still leading his team to losses. individually he has talent, however talent doesn't mean much when you can't translate that to actual wins. and again trae is still learning to do that. there's levels to this. doncic is much farther ahead at the moment and at only 20 years old

2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

What does that have to do with his individual skills and decision making? People talked about doncic last year. Did they win last year? Let’s be realistic and honest with ourselves.

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

The thing that separates them is mentality. Luka is cold blooded killer. Surgical in his assasinations. Ball dont lie on him, you might think he has luck but thats just his talent, throwing the ball where he wants to in ang way. You take his moves he will find another ones right on the spot. Kinda like bigger Lou Will. Harden on the other hand is like a super trained soldier, but the moment chips are not falling for him he doesnt adapt, just repeats his schemes to death - opponents or his own team

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You missed my point. All these people have coronated him and praised his small body of work going so far as comparing him to harden and asking hypotheticals and what ifs questions no one has an answer to and ridiculous because not comparative analysis of what is and what has been. As you recall maybe your memory is short but these same people were on the donkeys nuts last year. What’s their record again in 2018-19? Remind me? Ok so it’s not about the wins dude. Read these peoples comments.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I didn't miss your point. you still don't get the point of the thread originally. it's a discussion topic on a discussion board. imagine that

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Read it. Understood. Already addressed this flawed thinking. You can subscribe to this thinking. Your decision. Your life bud.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s not much flaw in it. It’s meant for a discussion on a discussion board. But you do you

javal_lon likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes play an arbitrary game where a player hasn’t even reached a certain age yet but we are predicting his stats at a certain age and comparing him to another player who’s already reached that age. Would you take Joel embiid 20-30 or Alonzo mourning 20-30.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

So it’s just a crime to acknowledge how good a player is already at 20. And ask what other people think. That’s pretty strange.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Done

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

The post doesn’t say that. Wtf does this post even mean. So nobody should talking about basketball at all then. Nobody knows who is going to win the championship. Nobody knows who is going to win MIP. Nobody knows who will have the highest win total. This logic of no point in talking about future makes 0 sense. If you’re going To live in a box you’re in the wrong place.

12. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Does 20 year old Harden come with a 21 year old Westbrook?

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I give you that. It doesn’t I just re read it. It’s a poorly written thread. Quite strange comparison. A 20 year old to an established player in his 20s to 30 years old. Problematic question for a player who has yet to win even a playoff game. Very strange comparison indeed.

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol I made you curse. I win.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

What Doncic is doing is amazing and I've become a huge fan after being a skeptic prior to his rookie season.

One thing I have to remind myself however is, its only been 15 games where he's been performing at this crazy level.

Ive no doubt he will continue playing GREAT, just not this great lol. There aren't many 20 year olds in the past 10-15 year I'll take over Doncic, but his level of play/stats will regress. Question is, to what level? Will he avg what Lebron did his second year? Or close to it?

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Trae Young is more comparable to Steph...
    I'm not a Harden fanboy.. I prefer Luka.. I guarantee Luka doesn't have these "entitlement" issues like Harden.. When he does, I'll move on to someone else.. No big deal..

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We do predictions on here all the time. Take any game thread, and people are predicting what will happen. Take any preseason thread, and people are predicting what will happen in the regular season. Take any draft thread, and people are predicting how a particular young player will turn out. Take a trade thread, and people are predicting how well the trade will work out for the teams involved. And on and on.

18. TilmanFinancialWindfall

They both have things in common

Both drafted #3 overall
    Both look kind of fat
    Both play in Texas
    Both playing like MVP

Both love them big booty

19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Divac didn't like luka daddy

Divac picked bagdley because his dad was cool and luka dad was a jerk to him

True story

Typical king

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not the point. Predicting or analysis? Two different things you are talking about here. Draft analysis. Trade analysis. Player analysis. But when you take an unproven player in terms of individual awards, playoff victories, team wins, and body of work and ask the question whether this player is as good as a perennial all star in his prime is silly. Silly question. Silly thread. Silly thought. Just my opinion dude