1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you still watch Rox games if MDA is hired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, May 24, 2016.

?

Would you still watch rockets games if MDA is hired?

1. Yes

151 vote(s)
    72.6%
  2. NO!!

57 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. RyanB

RyanB Member

Simple question

ARE you willing to still watch rockets games if MDA is hired?

1 person likes this.
  2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yes, I would.

And I'd support him as coach of the Rockets until he gave me a reason not to.

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

depends on the other offseason moves. i dont believe u can build a contender around harden but you can easily build a 2nd round team around him, and with the right pieces a conf finals team.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not willing to do so, but I will still watch them, because I'm a Houston Rockets Only Fan.

Go Houston Rockets!

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I watched a lot of the games last season. MDA or not, it cant get worse than last season, IMO.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the jinx is in. this is the guy to go after if next season is worse

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I'll watch but the question is for how long. This year I gave up after watching Harden HOLD the ball at the top of the key game after game down by a bucket or less with about 16 sec left on the clock and he waits till at about 3 seconds he starts to make a move and just turns the ball over. That's when I knew JB had not through to Harden because he has done that so many times. He did this in the play-off vs Golden State and cost us the series. He has been done too often. As much as I don't want MDA at least his offense isn't design for a guy to hold the ball so the defense can rest and get completely set for 13 seconds.

1 person likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

I'd still watch Rockets games even if Les decided to coach lol #RFFL

1 person likes this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'll still watch because at the end of the day coaching doesn't matter and the coach is just a placeholder.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same. But since I so badly don't want him as the coach, I'll probably give him a shorter grace period than I would other coaches.

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This. I will praise MDA and if it starts going bad then I will call for his head.

1 person likes this.
  12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No I won't!

13. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

MDA sucks...If Les hires him we are a lottery bound team. He will let Harden no defense and chucking bad shots while playing 5 on 1 on offense and Houston playing 4 on 5 on defense...:rolleyes:

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Whoever they hire, there will be backlash. I have to give him a chance before I judge. It boils down to two things; either last year's team was a fluke, or 2 seasons ago (wcf) was a fluke

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I wish it wasn't a simple yes or no poll. Obviously I'll watch some games at least out of morbid curiosity. But I'll likely watch far fewer just like I did this past season when their games became almost unbearable to sit through at times with the non-existent defense and lack of effort.

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

theyre just role players

17. brosef

brosef Member

Stupid ass thread. OP is the guy you see walking around Houston with a Yankees or Miami Heat hat on.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

You're hardly a fan if you're not willing to give a chance to the guy who at least once had the most exciting and potent offense in the league.

1 person likes this.
  19. gogispade

gogispade Member

I just hope he doesnt destroy team like he destroyed lakers.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never thought it would come to this after all these years, but there is a precedent for me.

I reached a point with Drayton where I decided to pull back until he sold the team. Also, there were a lot of things that had gone on with MLB preceding it ..and my first love, our national pastime was put on the shelf for awhile.

And, I've reached a similar point with Les AND the NBA....We'll see what happens.