1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you SnT Shump for Iggy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2019.

?

Would you SnT Shump for Iggy considering all factors?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2019.
  1. Yes

63.1%
  2. No

28.0%
  3. I abstain. Courteously.

8.9%
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't know if I'd do it for a 1st, I'm on the fence. But for a couple 2nds, definitely.

He's probably a rental anyway due to his age. Also, if he defies the aging curve, you'd have his Bird rights by trading and could offer more money.

Vivi, Y2JT and Nook like this.
  2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I generally don’t reply to your follow ups because it’s useless to discuss the big picture with someone who doesn’t see it. Not because you’ve imparted some sort of twisted logic. I’ll refrain from quoting you anymore. Do me a favors and do the same.

3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

this. in a heart beat

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I would use him as leverage... as he used us...

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I don’t know....I was already iffy on hard capping for butler. Tbh though I don’t know what player/team might be willing to trade so keeping the option open might not be that big of a deal. I’d just hate for a star to become available and we don’t have the ability to swing for them. IMO having Gordon + Cap + Shump and all our picks makes us players should anything become available.

6. BullRider

BullRider Member

poor shooter and he is getting up there in age.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh ok cool. logic is too difficult for you to understand. got it. do me a favor, put me on ignore then. ill certainly do the same now that its clear you can't hold actual logic. just so you dont waste space on my screen. congrats

lol @ big picture. the big picture is a championship in the next coming years. thats the only picture that matters atm. but hey assets years down the road are more important.

sorry harden, cf's will always cf's. nvm the fact that they recruited this guy hard at the very start of free agency 2 years ago. they want more Ihart's and vincent edwards to come in and save you. lmfao

#47 YOLO, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I say we just sign Cat Mobley and Joe Johnson.

Nimo and crimsonghost like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

It is a really interesting question.

No I would not give up a #1 for a rental role player that likely plays 15 minutes a night. At some point over the next 12 months we are going to try to sign and trade or trade for an all star caliber player and we will need as many draft picks as possible.

Now would I do it for a pair of #2’s? Yes IF Tilman is willing to spend the money AND J. Green and Marcus Morris make it clear they aren’t going to Houston.

I really don’t want the Rockets to hold onto their MLE portion until the buyout market. The Rockets need to get as complete and deep a roster as they can now and hit the floor running.

Vivi, RayRay10, SWTsig and 7 others like this.
  10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yes.

CP3 / Rivers
    Harden / Gordon
    Iggy / House
    Tucker
    Capela

You still have unlimited minimum contracts.

joshuaao, J Sizzle and YOLO like this.
  11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would trade him for Iggy Azalea but that’s about it...

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Of course

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I would take two dead Igodualas and an iguana for Shumpert. I cannot believe we made the move to get him in the first place. He's totally useless. We are a switching defense and he mucked that up too. Has to go. Has to.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm shocked that I've seen this multiple times.

Do some of you guys not know that Shumpert expired and is a FA?

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Iggy did play better last season than the year before, and played significant minutes in the playoffs (much to our chagrin). I'd rather get someone younger, but maybe he's got another year left in him. Treat him like Nene, and it could be worth it. He'd certainly be a great presence in the locker room and on the bench. Loads of playoff experience. A second round pick? Why not. Not a first, though.

joshuaao, Clutch and YOLO like this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maxwell's old jersey still fits

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

That sound you just heard was the Suns collapsing in helpless laughter at the offer of Shumpert for Oubre. Even PHX isn't THAT dumb.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

they are pretty dumb giving rubio $51 mil. phx has been dumb for quite awhile now

Vivi likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be attached with draft picks of course, which Phoenix desperately needs. Superior to losing Oubre for nothing...

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea, our fans need a real lesson in asset management.

Right now, the Rockets are probably done in free agency. They probably sit on their exceptions for the buyout market. Which means the 8-15 guys on the roster are going to be fringe NBA guys. Shumpert, Iggy, basically anyone with NBA experience if preferable the garbage G-leaguers that will be available to us.

We also need players with Bird Rights, cause this hard cap **** is getting old.