1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you return Rockets tickets if given to you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Another ESPN poll slams the Rockets. Question: If you were given tickets for these teams, which would you return?

Even though the Bulls are the worst team in the league record-wise, they are not listed. The Heat and Rockets are however.

Currently:

1) Heat (32.4%)
    2) Vikings (22.7%)
    3) UNC Basketball (14.2%)
    4) Capitals (13.2%)
    5) Rockets (8.3%)
    6) Indians (4.9%)
    7) Colts (3.9%)

Total Votes: 99,429

2. Major

Major Member

Indians? Relatively new ballpark, great history, near sellouts, division-winning team, those Indians?

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Was wondering the same thing. But they probably added them there because they traded Alomar, are letting Juan Gon walk and let Rocker go (though that would probably make a ticket more attractive)

4. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Wow. I'd take any of those tickets. I've always thought it was fun to go to an arena/stadium and see a ballgame.

5. Major

Major Member

Clutch -- that makes sense. I didn't realize how much dismantling the Indians had done this offseason.

As for the poll, I would expect the Rockets to be on most "make fun of a team" polls for a while. The Bulls are just boring now -- they've been doing it for 4 years. The Lions were great until they won a game. The Wizards were fun because of MJ but then they started winning too. So now the Rockets are the losers of the league. The benefits of being the worst teams in the NBA right now. :)

As for the poll, if I weren't a Rockets fan, I would probably pick the Rockets in that bunch. UNC & Indians games would have great atmosphere regardless of the results. The Vikings and Colts are fun to watch because of their offenses. The Heat at least has some big name players. I don't know anything about the Capitals because I'm not an NHL fan (I guess this would actually be my #1 choice).

The Rockets, though, for a non-fan are not a fun team to watch (no ball movement), they suck, you wouldn't know any of the players, and the crowd/atmosphere sucks. :(

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be honest, I think (and am no way defending ESPN) they have just listed teams that are doing well below expectations.

Teams like the Bulls, Grizzlies and so on, you already knew how they would do - so if you bought tickets or were given some, you knew that going into it. With the Rockets, Vikings, and the rest in the poll, you thought you were going to see a winning team.

Just my take on it.....

8. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I have an interesting story about giving tickets away...

On the 22nd I had a date with my wife in which we went to Mark's (A VERY nice restaurant, highly reccomended) and then to the Trans Siberian Orchestra conert. That morning I chancd upon four $112 face tickets to the Rockets/Bucks game. I called everyone I knew but everyone seemed to have plans so I took the tickets with me. After being seated at Marks I told one of my servers that I had some nice tickets to that nights game and that if he could check with the staff and see if anyone would be off early enough I would like to give them an early christmas gift. He came back shortly and said that there were people who would love the tickets. The people that took them asked to get off work early, mind you these guys make anywhere from $100 to $500 per night, thanked me extensively, and merrily went to the game. This was on the heals of a 15 game losing streak.

ESPN must not have asked locals about the desire to go to a Rockets game for free.

9. Isabel

Isabel Member

(off topic: Chance, how was the TSO concert? I've been playing their first album nonstop this holiday, but I heard they had two simultaneous concert touring companies so wasn't sure if whoever was on tour would be as good as whoever was on the album)

Can't imagine not taking free tickets, unless I had a conflict...

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I really havent had a problem giving free tickets away on this board. :cool:

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

if any of you have tickets to games you won't be able to make, e-mail me at slandballa@hotmail.com and i'll give you a price for them.