1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you rather be a Texans fan or Colts fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by kevC, Dec 12, 2016.

?

Would you rather be a Texans fan or a Colts fan?

1. Texans

40 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. Colts

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seattle.....

2. vick

vick Member

And Brock Osweiler could not have started on any of those teams.

ubigred likes this.
  3. vick

vick Member

Sounds like you are kin to either Smith or Mcnair. If a vote was taken about Brock Osweiler and the people that brought him here what do you think it would be?

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

You're funny
    1. That wasn't what you asked
    2. Brock DID start for one of those teams
    3. The point is the Texans have put themselves in a situation where all their eggs are not in one bucket. They could afford to miss on a franchise QB and still play quality football.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At what point in any of my posts was I implying that Brock has had slam dunk success here?

By all means, they deserve blame for attempted moves not working out.... but to claim that they haven't attempted to fix this position over the years is quite revisionist.

6. vick

vick Member

Yes but not win the Super Bowl. Since the Superbowl is in Houston this year they tried to cut corners and get a qb ready to be a star this year.The goal should not be to make the playoffs it should be to go to the Superbowl. The Oilers in Houston never went to the Superbowl until they went to Tennessee, and off course, the Texans have never been. The Astros have been to the World Series and Rockets have won the Championship, so why not do whatever it takes to get that special qb and not a qb that Denver did not want and get a qb New England didnt want

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The goal going into the season WAS to win the Super Bowl, but when JJ Watt went down, that went out of the window. You can't lose as many key players as the Texans have and still be a championship contender, that doesn't mean what they are doing is wrong. Hell if they have JJ Watt healthy all year they are likely sitting at 10-3 right now.....

8. vick

vick Member

You may be right but this qb will never lead them to the Superbowl. They need to get a divorce with him and keep trying to get that special qb. He has been in the NFL 6 years sad to say he needs to go.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say that, but he essentially led the Broncos to the Super Bowl...They got worst QB performance from Manning after they made the switch, if they don't make the switch, he has a SB ring right now as a starting QB.

Now I'm not saying that he'll for sure do that with the Texans, but I'm saying that the narrative that there's no way the Texans can win with X at QB isn't exactly based in reality

10. vick

vick Member

Well i guess we will agree to disagree. Lets see what happens when they play at Tennessee in 3 weeks.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

A healthy JJ Watt could only lead us to 2 wins in 2013. Defensive players don't account for that much individually like a qb does. Take Luck off of the Colts and they would be competing with the Browns for the top pick.

I would definitely rather be the colts over the Texans. Over the rest of Lucks career they will always be competing for the division as long as they have him. The Texans will be up and down throughout depending on who they lose in FA.

Colts just need a coach.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

hmmm. i wonder what the results of this poll will be? This is some real hard-hitting ****.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not sure that's going to matter as I believe we will have clinched the division by then.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I like to see a debate on whether it would be better to be a Texans or Titans fan. I think it could be much closer

and maybe the Jags vs. Texans if anyone believes in that young defense and maybe they are a QB away?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mariota is much better than Osweiler.

He was better as a true rookie than Osweiler is in his 5th year fake rookie season.

vick likes this.
  16. vick

vick Member

At least i am not the only one that wants to get another quarterback. It seems like a lot of people are satisfied with just making the playoffs.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wish certain posters were fans of Colts instead.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It all depends on the team around them. IN 2013 the team gave up on the coaching, that's a factor that could cause any team to tank no matter what individual player is on that team.

If you'd rather be a Colts fan, go for it. There's nothing stopping you, but you should know that they are one of the most incompetent franchises in the NFL.....but if your idea of QB's inherent "just winz" is stronger than logic, be my guest.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So go be a Titans fan, it won't hurt anyone's feelings.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I haven't seen one person who doesn't want to get another QB. What I have seen is people willing to criticize the team for bad QB play but also credit them for the things they got right. It's not excusing the bad QB play. I've advocated for them to keep drafting a QB every year till they get it right.

deb4rockets likes this.