1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Ty Lawson instead of J-Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Mar 6, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

No. Lateral move at best. Lawson plays no defense which is unideal next to harden.

2. killerecho

killerecho Member

I would trade Lin for a bag of Lay's chicken and waffles potato chips - they're delicious...and average fewer turnovers.

3. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

in that case Lawson would be worth the empty bag of chips lol

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lin is one of the biggest enigmas in sports history. Mainly because most of his value comes off the court. He's a great locker room guy but mostly its that he increases brand recognition. Which in turn give Mr Alexander the capital to help pursue other players.

Due to this I believe one can make the cogent argument that he is he most valuable point guard in the league

5. Orange

Orange Member

Of coarse he is the better player.

6. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Make sense.

7. Habs

Habs Member

Ask any Raptors fan and he'll tell you Lowry is doing garbage for them.

A lot of that fanbase wanted Calderon, and were hoping to package Lowry in a trade so someone would take Bargnani.

8. Orange

Orange Member

Then why was he only offers 3 years and 25 Mil. I would think the most valuable point guard could get a max offer. Lin fans are horrible at basketball analysis.

9. Orange

Orange Member

Ask us real rockets fans, and they will tell you Lowry played alot better for us, than Lin has.

1 person likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have been playing pretty well lately. His PER is close to 20 which is almost all star caliber.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I'd give Lin another year before making the judgement, as of right now--- I'd do it in a heart beat....

No I'm not a hater

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Since when you can speak for rockets fans?

13. Orange

Orange Member

I didnt speak for anyone fool.

14. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Of course we'd rather have Lin. Guy is a superstar in the making.
    Funny to see the trolls here. It's ok though you won't see king1, iJholmes, and reektown going forward as the rockets start kicking more butt. They always disappear during our wins.
    When we are losing they all sit around eating pie together, staring each other in the eyes.

15. Orange

Orange Member

You Obviously dont know what a superstar is. James Harden just because a superstar this years and he is Twice the player Jeremy is. Jeremy will never be a superstar.

16. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

So dumb. You don't understand how the NBA works.

17. Orange

Orange Member

LOL this is coming from the Guy who thinks Lin will be a Superstar. Superstars in the making get max offers. Mediocre point guards get 3 Years 25 Million.

18. RoxD

RoxD Member

Lowry jumped to a good start for the first couple of months, with a stellar stats of 15/5/5. He did not play well after coming back from injury. His last 10 games is 11.6/5.6/6.4, which is on par with Lin's 14.1/1.9/6.8, if not worse. For the last 10 games, the Raptors is 4-6, and the Rockets 6-4. The Rockets have been played better lately than the Raptors.

As to PER, Lowry's PER has gone below 20 from 25 at the beginning, while Lin's PER has been staying around 15.

19. thisiscaketown

Lawson is much more efficient offensively, while Lin has the better all-around game. Lawson would be more useful to the Rockets at the moment because he protects the ball better and because the Rockets' overall team defense is still in its infancy stages, so his size is not that big of a factor. I would just keep Lin for continuity's sake and because he has the upside to be a better overall player than Lawson.

20. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Awful basketball knowledge and awful taste in potato chips. The Chicken and Waffles chips are disgusting. I had 2 bites and gave the rest to my dog.