1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you prefer Ty Lawson instead of J-Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Mar 6, 2013.

1. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

people are kidding me. lawson is a much better player. averaging better stats on a better team.

ALSO lawson is 25 and lin is 24. OMG upside!

2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Anddd King1 derailed the thread.... Again.

3. Orange1

Orange1 Member

May I ask who is a better "team" player? That is the only thing counts in a "team" sport.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Thread sucked so I don't feel bad

5. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Lawson has a 4 year deal with an average salary of $12M, compared to 3 years and $8M for Lin. The extra $4M per year gets you 4 more pts per game on 3 extra shots. That means 3 shots per game fewer for Harden.

Morey wouldn't even consider this deal.

1 person likes this.
  6. Simone78

Simone78 Member

This coming from King1 certified IQ of a brick...

1 person likes this.
  7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

leave him alone. once you know who he is, it is not worth to continue.

8. King1

That really hurts. I'm absolutely devastated that Simone78 thinks poorly of my intellect. Not sure how I'm going to recover from this.

Stick to your day job (I'd imagine you work in fast food or scrub toilets), Simone

9. King1

You know who I am? By all means, let everyone else know too, lol. This should be amusing

10. basketballholic

good job

11. pnr

pnr Member

Yup. Getting Lawson's 12 mill deal over 4 years would hamper the cap flexibility, plus I believe it is a lateral move because Lin's defense > Lawson's. If Lin took 3 more shots per game, he could average around 15-16 ppg too.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Not a Lin apologist, but he has yet to complete a full season (although, in relative terms, he's played over 82 NBA games, but that's not the same as a full season).

He will improve, is building great team chemistry and given that Lawson is in his 4th year, I think, it's not unreasonable to believe that Lin will become just as capable a PG as Lawson if given an equal amount of time. Being surrounded by talented, hard-working, coachable players never hurt either.

To me, it seems that team cohesion, chemistry and experience playing together take a back seat to impatience, and what's the better shiny toy on the other side of the fence mentality on this board. Like McHale has stated, we need time together and build on what we have, rather than constantly trying to mix things up.

13. Rocket Booster

Ty Lawson is one of the worst starting point guards in the NBA and possibly the worst one of all. Denver would thank their lucky stars if the Rockets proposed something like this.

1 person likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lawson shoots more than Lin but has a higher field goal percentage, if Lin tried to shoot more his percentage would increase even further.

Lawson is just flat out a better PG than Lin. Only Lin homers disagree.

15. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lawson all day

16. Grigori

Grigori Member

Lawson shoots slightly better (.534 TS% instead of .528), doesn't play a lick of defense, and is making $12 mil a year long term.

Wait, $12 mil per year? Are you f***ing kidding me? At this point, DEN is going to have a hard time even trading Ty Lawson into empty cap space or an expiring throwing in a late 1st on top, let alone for an up and coming player straight up. When DEN signed Lawson to that giant albatross, they expected him to be a lot better. It didn't work out. The dude's not even worth $7.3 mil considering that he doesn't play a lick of defense, either.

Everybody who suggested that we would trade for Lawson if we could should be laughed out of town. Morey wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole.

17. visible

visible Member

Can we trade JLin for any pg, ANY?

The anwser is obviously YES for many folks in this forum.

We will see this kind of thread every other day in next 3 years.

What names are not coming up yet?

18. Rocket Booster

No way in hell that anyone that is saying Lawson is better than Lin has actually seen Lawson play basketball.

19. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

poorly disguised "Lawson vs Lin" thread

1 star thread, you can do much better than this OP

20. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

But is it possible that Lawson is putting up better numbers because he has a better team around him, and has spent more years with that team ?