1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you match the Parsons offer sheet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 9, 2014.

?

Would you match Chandler Parsons' 3-year, $46M offer (player option on third year) with Dallas?

1. Yes

360 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No

584 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks a lot. I was aware of this, I just feel it will be extremely difficult to get this done so quickly.

Hope you are right.

2. anchel

anchel Member

That article it will be offensive for Morey (when he reads it). It's giving for done that Morey has not done his work. Giving for done that the Rockets didn't expect the possibility of Dallas pressuring with an offer at that date. Morey knows Cuban for 10 years ago, they are comrades, and Rosas has worked there not too long ago...
    If Bosh tells Morey "Im going", I bet Morey can do the necessary moves to create cap space with 2-3 inmediate phone calls. He's a pro, obviously since he offers Bosh a contract, he has done his job to create the space.
    Morey is always prepared.

So that argument by ESPN looks soft to me. Actually I would bet for the opposite:

If there's a small chance that Houston does not match the offer, it is by Bosh continuing in Miami. Then Houston can substitute Parsons' role with Deng for 5 millions less, but they can't do that if Bosh comes to Houston.

3. Fantasma Negro

Hell no. Why when you can get Paul Pierce for a fraction of the mle to give you the same thing offensively plus championship leadership and toughness

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

We let Parsons walk, if we do not get a big name in the next 4 days. No way you overpay and hinder yourself for overhyped Parsons, he is good, but not that good.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Bosh comes, then yes you match it. Parsons is not worth 15 mil, but then again Bosh isn't worth 20+ mil.

If Bosh doesn't come, then let Cuban pay Parsons 1 1/2 times what Dirk is making. It sucks to lose him for nothing, but better to retain that cap space and use it more productively. The only downside there is it pretty much renders the 2014-15 season meaningless. We're first-round fodder again. Hell, we'll struggle just to make the playoffs given how this team sucked when Parsons was hurt last year.

6. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Parsons is more than a pretty face, he's like Justin Timberlake, i.e. immensely talented.
    He's been ballin' out at a bargain rate for years.
    If the Rockets didn't want to pay CP upwards of 40 mill then they should have let him walk unrestricted next year.
    You match Dallas' offer with or without Bosh.

7. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I would only match if we were to get other free agents to fill up the cap room we currently have, otherwise, it'll be a tough decision.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pierce gives you about 1/3 of the minutes that Parsons does. He doesn't come close to giving you the same thing.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Only if we get Bosh or some other FA that takes up all of the cap space. In that scenario, the only person it would be hurting is Les Alexander since he'd be paying the luxury tax penalties.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

MATCH!!!!!! WHY ARE FANS SAYING DON'T MATCH?!!!

we are the 3rd most profitable team in the nba, and we havent paid the tax in what feels like centuries, and here we are losing a star player for nothing???

have we not learnt from the dragic mistake??!!!

best case scenario: we use our cap space to offer luol deng a big deal and then match parsons. no way bosh or carmelo is coming here.

if we end up replacing lin with deng, then this summer is a total success!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

+1

Pierce is old, unsuitable a fast team like the Rockets, and is only going to decline.

Parsons is better than Hayward and his contract is better.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

And continue in the cycle of mediocrity?

The situation is simple: you keep your star SF while signing a big free agent near all-star free agent Luol Deng. You can trade either later down the road.

Or you losing your prized young star for nothing due to a "bad contract".

Look, the market has changed. The value of players right now is the highest I can remember in recent NBA history. Avery Bradley, Jodie Meeks, Channing Frye are all getting massive deals and its now the norm, not the exception.

If we choose not to keep Parsons, it would be one gigantic mistake. Its going to be worse than letting Dragic go.

13. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Parsons and Deng play the same position and occupy the same space and role on the floor, why would you want both? Bosh will be a Rocket if LeBron pulls an E.T.

14. RocketInfoMan

RocketInfoMan Member

Parsons has to be resigned and I'm sure that it will be pointed out to Bosh that we need a decision in two days time. Another reason we have to have parsons back is team chemistry, the last thing we need is a key peace that got Dwight here leaving cause we wanted to get cute to try to land a big free agent. Ill be happy signing Ed Davis getting parsons back and making a play for Rondo if Love is traded to the Cavs.

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

we NEED both.

this is the last summer in the Harden-Howard era that we can have money to sign a good free agent.

we can EASILY trade one of Deng and Parsons away later.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That $40m profit the rockets made will quickly disappear with contracts like that.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

**** no. Enjoy Dallas.

18. xAliceInChains

Considering what Parsons has done for us

Yes.

19. Smook

Smook Member

No. I love the beautiful Chandler Parsons but c'mon... 15 million... **** that

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If bosh signs, then match. I haven't done the math yet, but I'd not match if I thought I could get cap space next off season.