1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you consider trading CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Nov 27, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets consider trading CP3?

1. Yes

133 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. jcf

jcf Member

I voted "no" but the problem is that good teams should "consider" everything. My "no" is that I don't think they should trade away what was part of the greatest duo last year unless there was something incredible offered. I don't see that happening, and I really think this team will still pull it together.

Deckard, bilaal14 and HP3 like this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I would for the right price... I just cant imagine him being worth that much money in the last 2 years of his deal.

But it is also proven Harden cant carry a squad to the promise land without Chris Paul or without another superstar.

So right now, NO.

But in the future, if he shows even a glimpse of BS, yes, in an instant.

We need to go and get BEAL, or some other legit pieces that fit ASAP.

This season is going down the drain quick.

Good thing the west is very packed right now in terms of the records.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Y’all already forgot what CP3 did during last year’s WCF? What Morey needs to do is get another high caliber player in here like Bradley Beal so we can afford to preserve CP3 until the playoffs where he’ll really show how much he’s worth.

I watched our game 5 highlights vs GS last night, and to see how much we’ve regressed is just depressing...fix this Morey

Deuce, clutchdabear, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Seems that you seem to think we won something with him. We have no hardware. We have a SUPER MAX “what if”

5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Name a point guard better than Paul who's available. Please don't say Wall, and his contract is worse. Rockets will make the playoffs. Rest Paul as much as possible. Whether the Rockets play the Warriors in the first round (8th seed) or WCF, either way, you have to face them. You take your chances with a healthy Paul.

clutchdabear and jcmoon like this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

if the Celtics offered up Kyrie for CP3 would you do it? What about the Wizards and John Wall?

vlaurelio and Moleb like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

With him we came closer than we’d ever been in like 2 decades. The only reason we have no hardware is because he got injured which just further illustrates how impactful he was in the playoffs. Like I said, what Morey needs to do is bring in another high caliber player to add to Harden and CP3. You’re not getting equal value in return for CP3 anyways...

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

thank you

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Luka Doncic and Dennis Smith Jr will play tonight.

MDA does not provide info about Paul.

I'd trade paul/2 Firsts for 2 good players such as J-Rich J Winslow, and James Johnson.(filler)

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    just several months ago, playing on one leg, cp3 outplayed curry, durant, harden, klay and dray
    no player in the league can do that
    take that for data!

clutchdabear, Moleb and joshuaao like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Look at what Gordon and Harden did the other night. Move EG into the starting lineup and get something for Paul while you still can. He will never play back to backs again so value at some point needs to be discussed. Paul was valuable when the team was stocked with quality vets and a shared vision, this team is in so much disarray that a player like Paul will only coast along getting stats, but the team as a whole wont live up to expectation because of the supporting pieces being so below average, and alot of that goes back to Chris Paul for bleeding every last red cent out of the Rockets, he should have done what Durant did (and Capela to a lesser extent) and take less to establish a dynasty, instead his need for the supermax ran off Ariza and Moute and made Morey reach for bargain players hoping they would have outlier seasons. All mistakes.

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Time to blow it up and trade everyone including jim, the panic button has been activated by clutchfans.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

James Harden? Could we find a backup PG for half the price of Paul and similar production?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. I'm not surprised that this topic was brought up as a thread, but some people here have short memories. Our problem isn't Chris Paul. It isn't James Harden. It's the rest of the roster. If things don't fit, you got nothing but ****. I heard that somewhere. I think an old girlfriend made that complaint to me one time. She claimed it wouldn't fit. Fortunately, she allowed me to prove that it could. That's what I recall, anyway. It's been awhile.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Similar production???.....dawg, nah. Potential top 10 players just arent out there like that.

clutchdabear and Deckard like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should pm morey

HP3 likes this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yea, but the only thing I would trade would be my job for his. Union position, high pay, cost of living raises, unlimited vacation due to "fatigue", unlimited PTO, retire by 40, full pension plan, etc.

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

The best idea for me would be

Lakers get Wade, Melo, Paul, MCW
    Heat get Lakers 2nd round pick and 2 million cash from Lakers
    Rockets get: Rondo, KCP, Stephenson, Beasley, hart

Add picks if needed.

The whole Banana Boat aren't even worth 1 First from Suns.

#98 BigBum, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

In professional sports "everything" and "everyone" is available for the right price. I bet Tom Brady is gone for a busload of pro-bowlers.