1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Be Surprised?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 23, 2017.

1. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Funny you say that because that's exactly what's going to happen. This hype about HOU going for ALLLLL these star FA is just to keep the fan base engaged and thinking that Les and DM are ACTUALLY TRYING to improve the roster when in reality it's just about making the PO every year. Don't expect PG13, CP3, Blake Griffen, Hayward, Lowry (meh), Ibaka, KP, etc. to sign or traded here.

1Deep and cheke64 like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I wouldn't be surprised. This is the **** that's been going on for 11+ years.

3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I guess we can only hope that things won't end like they usually do for the Rockets this time of year..

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

#24 topfive, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    skroodup25, Easy and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. pass_to_Hakeem

No because most off-season Moreh strikes out....

Save for winning Howard in free agency , and the trade for Harden.. HOU NEVER lands the big fish!!!

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, Morey never really believes in "supporting cast." He believes in stockpiling super stars. Too bad, so far he landed two, in Harden and Howard. One didn't work out very well. The other has looked nice but came up empty in the playoffs.

It took Morey about 10 years to get two stars (and we are back to one now). And he believes that you really need at least three to contend. So how many years do you think it will take for us to be a contender?

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I wouldnt be surprised if Murray gets fired next year

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Here's the thing... granted getting superstars is no easy thing... everybody wants em and not enough to go around...

but for Morey being 'all about getting superstars...' how many has he acquired?

He got Harden when he was the 6th man of the year... and he turned into a superstar... so really that wasn't about getting a 'superstar' that was about getting a good player with high potential and ceiling and hoping he could flourish...

and He got D12.... which seems 75%+ of this board feels he was garbage by the time he left here...

if that's the net result of your primary focus over the course of 10 years... idk... I'm thinking you may want to adjust your focus or strategy or something....

I mean if you're all about banging supermodels and it only happens once or twice in 10 years... maybe its time to lower your expectations - or come up with some new game... lol

1Deep likes this.
  9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Given the cap situation, I would not be very surprised. Everyone with a pulse now thinks they're a max player. Unloading Ryno is the only way to sign a max player and Daryl won't do it for nothing. And it's usually safe to bet the under on blockbuster trades involving superstars no matter who your GM is.