1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Superstar in NBA history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsLegend, May 28, 2018.

1. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Location, location, location. There is only so much a person can get done in Cleveland.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

t-mac knows whats up

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Man I love TMac but he doesn’t know **** about winning.

Zboy and tinman like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He knows how to grey his goatee.

5. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Yeah he surely does.. Like when we lost Game 7 by 40 points at HOME in the FIRST ROUND.

He has regressed to being just another talking head, and a bad one at that. Remember him saying "it will be VERY DIFFICULT for the Rockets to win in Utah".

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

What does "worst superstar" even mean? You literally acknowledged he's still a superstar. Tough critic you are.

I don't know who the "worst supermodel" out there would be but there's a pretty good chance I'd still go on a date or two with her if given the chance.

Patience and LUK3 like this.
  7. SORF

SORF Member

Wow T-Mac, how many of Harden's missed shot were swipes over the hand when he drove into the paint...should have been called fouls but weren't. Once again the stats don't tell the WHOLE STORY. Harden still ended with 32 points in spite of the non calls and the 4 pts taken away by the ref...which they recorded as a miss shot and a non shooting foul. He actually made the shot, but it was counted as a miss.

Shut up T-Mac...maybe if you had gone to college just one year instead of going directly into the NBA from high school, you could have taken a statistics class and would know how to interpret stats. You would also have learned how stats can be manipulated to tell different stories.

da_juice likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tito Jackson vs Michael Jackson

Patience likes this.
  9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I love the people who bash Harden because I get to ask the question other than Lebron who would you rather have in his place? KD? The guy who choked a 3-1 lead away to GS by playing awful and then joined GS?

Westbrook? Can’t make it past the first place round. Giannis? What has he done? AD? Same question. There’s only one player on this planet right now that can carry a team against the best teams and that is Lebron because he’s a top two player of ALL TIME. People need to lower their expectations...there’s no one in the league that’s going to take GS down without a very strong team/role players with other stars.

tycoonchip and SORF like this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wow tmac talking about showing up in the playoffs? Lmao.... replace tmac with james harden on those tmac teams and we might have had another championship banner on the rafters. Yes even a team with wesley, sura, yao, ryan bowen. It's one thing if hakeem or jordan or kobe had something to say but really what does tmac really know about anything besides quitting?

Patience and tinman like this.
  11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I notice the OP hasn't responded to my comment asking him to provide examples of why Harden is the "worst superstar in teh nba lul" but I'd like to provide just a few examples of commonly stated superstars post 2000 who were, in my opinion, less valuable in their prime than Harden is now (and I don't even think he's reached his peak yet)

CARMELO ANTHONY
    VINCE CARTER
    STEVE NASH
    PAUL PIERCE
    BLAKE GRIFFIN (who at his age, is already seemingly past his prime)

And that's not including any former Rockets players.

Yes, Harden is not Hakeem, but the Dream was a once-in-a-lifetime type player that could probably drag any team into being a championship contender in this era by sheer virtue of his defense and switchability.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I’m surprised

Tmac is working in June for the first time !!

Plowman and jeevinesh like this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He mostly had better playoff stats than Harden, but eh.
    Funny how ppl also forget that his teammates carried Harden in the Clippers series back then and that CP3 carried us this time while Harden clanked.

Not sure what's up with NBA fans, here in Europe people clearly distinguish between 1) stars that show up in crucial games but are let down by their team 2) stars that suck in knockout games and are carried by their team.
    But reading this board, it's just "he has no rings, it's all on him reeee" or "the team won when he was a franchise player, it's all due to him". Makes no sense.

For real, anyone who thinks McGrady would have zero success with teammates like CP3, Ariza, EG, Capela, Tucker has no clue of basketball. Same when saying that Harden would carry these abysmal mid 2k Rocket teams to late rounds.

napalm06, da_juice and daywalker02 like this.
  14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

TMac had zero success with teammates like Yao Ming, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Dikembe Mutombo, Bobby Jackson, David Wesley, Bob Sura, Jim Jackson, Chuck Hayes, Juwan Howard, etc. Not superstars, but hardly chopped liver.

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

TOFs going TOF

they make 'what if' scenarios in their heads til the every end.

I'm pretty sure this TOF has made about 1000 scenarios including what f Tmac played with Magic or Jordan or Shaq

In reality, being a TOF is not about McGrady, its about your philosophy in life. If you fail, you are ok cause you are what if-ing if you don't fail.

also TOFs don't go to Rockets games.

#155 tinman, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  16. Not_KDs_Burner

Well now they got the real worst "superstar" in Melo haha

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

How dare u bump this abomination of a thread? Whose mans is this?

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Yes, I would take KD over Harden, lmao. If you wouldn't, you're lying.

19. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

You missed the entire point of my post - my point was KD isn't carrying a team to a title either. Go back and look at that choke job he had against the Warriors and get back to me with his stats in that series.

Edit: And yes I'd take KD over Harden but if you swapped out KD and Harden we'd be in the same situation.

#159 Htown Stros, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  20. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

[​IMG]