1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Movies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CriscoKidd, May 12, 2000.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I have read what you all have deemed some of the better movies, but what about the worst?

I see a lot of movies, mostly at the dollar movies cuz I believe few are worth 7 bucks a pop, and I have seen plenty of bad movies.

Hell, today I saw Scream 3 for 50 cents. It was worth every penny.

Here are some other bad movies:

The Talented Mr. Ripley
    the Omega Code
    End of Days
    Teaching Mrs. Tingle
    The Post Man(Had to put this here, what was Kevin Costner thinking?)
    Pitch Black was pretty bad, esp. the acting

I know there are many more, but they slip my mind rite now.

I hear battlefield earth is supposed to be a sucky movie. Ill have to check it out in a month or so when it comes to the Dollar Cinema.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Cato is 7 feet tall.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wild Wild West

hell, I'm embarrassed to even admit to it.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Two movies I absolutely HATED are:

Fight Club
    Seven

Brad Pitt has to be the most overrated actor in the history of Hollywood.

I saw Final Destination the other night...what a poor excuse for a movie.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed End of Days.

I hope Battlefield Earth doesn't suck. The story sounds great. I'm sure I'll see it anyway because my girlfriend wants to see it, which means....well, you know.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

4. Calvin23

Calvin23 Member

Halloween H20
    Pleasantville
    Shaq's Documentary
    Spice World (my little cousin wanted to see it, ok!)
    Inspector Gadget
    Drop Dead Georgeous
    Sphere (if you're into sci-fi you may like it, put me to sleep though)
    Dick (watched about 15 minutes before I had to turn it off and return it to blockbuster, very pointless movie)

------------------
    No matter how badly the idiots may outmumber you, they're still the idiots.

5. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

Far From Home was awful
    so was Good Burger
    so was Street Fighter the movie
    so was Steel
    and the worst movie of all time is Kazaam with shaq as a genie hahahah that was awful
    i think ill start a threat on everyones favorite movie

------------------
    --TEX

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Here are some more bad movies:
    10 things I hate about you
    Wing Commander
    The Haunting(Good special effects, horrible story)
    Instinct(Cuba Gooding Junior sucks, as does this movie)
    Entrapment(*yawn*)
    Double Jeopardy(I saw the whole movie in the 30 second trailors for it)
    RugRats(dont ask)
    Blade(vampire movie without the blood? WTF?)
    Hackers(just saw it recently, damn that movie sucked!)
    Lethal Weapon4(the slogan on the poster said, the gang's all back, yuck! I wish Jet Li had killed them all)
    Deep Impact(bleh, the world will survive. Why? Just let it die, please)
    Armageddon(one damn sappy movie)
    Independence Day
    Men In Black(only saw the first 10 minutes before I walked out)
    Enemy of the State(weak)

Lynus,
    I thought fight club was alrite. I like Ed Norton. Pitt is overrated, but he is okay if he doesnt have to carry a movie. I liked Pitt in Kalifornia, but I hated Seven and 12 monkeys, and just about any other movie BP has been in.

2 overated actors to me are Will Smith and Keaunu Reeves.

I was expecting more from End of Days. Did like the scene where the Devil tried to convince Arnold to stay with his family. Usually like scenes where evil tries to persuade. Like in HellRaiser and Devils Advocate and the such.

I had hopes for BattleField Earth too. But after reading this review, and a few others, the story, which I thought would be the strong point, seems really weak. Reminds me of Costners Postman.
    http://www.compuserve.com/movies/ebertwrap.asp?file=/cp/movies/mkt/battlefieldebert.inc&r=.05%2f12%2f00

Calvin,

there is a Shaq documentary? Ugggh!
    sphere was okay, but a little long and slow
    Dang, I was looking forward to maybe watching Dick.

Tsauce,
    someone saw GoodBurger? [​IMG]

------------------
    Cato is 7 feet tall.

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Salem's Lot part 2 (awful)
    How could the movie "The Flinstones" possibly be any good? You won't find me within 10 miles of that waste of film.

------------------
    You just want to be on the side thats winning.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

crisco are u serious? you must be smoking crisco if u think ID4 sucks. thats my favorite movie of all time. some of the other movies you all have mentioned i love also. armageddon, good burger was pretty funny. seven kicks ass and haunting is pretty good also. also reeves, pitt and will smith are some of the best actors i think. well anyways the worst movies in no particular order
    kazaam
    steel
    blue chips
    that movie with karl malone in it
    eyes wide shut (what the hell is that)
    all scream, and what u did last summer movies
    all of lethal weapons

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center, from Wake Forets TIM DUNCAN...

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You guys all must be pretty young because none of the movies you've listed are even from prior to 1990! Here's a few choice gems I recommend to anyone who wants to COMPLETELY waste their time:

3. Toys - This Robin Williams stinker nearly drove me from the theatre. I can't believe I sat through the whole thing. Only saving grace was the cool score by Wendy Melvoine of Wendy & Lisa Fame.

2. Bitter Moon - A Roman Polanski crap-fest starring a barely-known Hugh Grant, Kristen Scott Thomas and Peter Coyote. The part where a crippled Coyote talks about his wife peeing on him is more than anyone should be able to stand.

1. Gymkata - The mother of all horrid movies, this one stars Olympic gymnast Kurt Thomas as an undercover gymnastic/karate fighter sent to a small third-world country to win a "race" that will give the US a control of a strategic location for a communications satellite dish.

The all-time classic scene is where Thomas, having to run part of the race through a town of criminally insane people (for a tiny little country, they sure had an awful lot of criminally insane people!), is backed into a corner. For those of you who don't know or remember, Thomas was famous for his routine on the pommel horse.

Well, sure enough, there just happens to be a pommel horse shaped object in the middle of this alley and he flails and kicks the ass of many a would be assailant and manages to escape from the pitchfork-wielding crazies unscathed.

Honorable mentions include Ishtar (Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty in one of the most laughed-at movies of all time), Dune (don't ask!) and Waterworld (another Kevin Costner freak show - nicknamed "Fishtar" it was so bad).

I could go on with more, but I'll spare you the sordid details.

For anyone interested in these movies, I pray for you.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited May 13, 2000).]

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Starship Troopers

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

11. dc sports

dc sports Member

CriscoKidd, I'm with ROckets03. Some of those movies are pretty good. I haven't seen all of them, but I don't think any of them are awful.

My vote for worst is Natural Born Killers. Wag The Dog could probably be on the list -- it had a good idea, but a horrible screenplay.

We probably should leave movies like Rugrats and the Flintstones off this list, because we aren't the target audience. (Well, most of us anyway). Trust me, you gain a whole new appreciation even for Barney and Teletubbies when you have a couple of cute 1-2 year old nieces in love with the creatures.

------------------
    Stay Cool...

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

There are so many :

Godfather 3 - this ruined the 1st two godfather's for me.
    Kazam -shaq is the star
    talented mr. ripley - had high hopes for this, but it sucked.
    Baseketball
    Major league 3
    I still know what you did last summer- this made the 1st one look decent

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

13. Jovi

Jovi Member

I canĀ“t help:

BLAIR WITCH PROJECT!!!

uargh..

------------------
    What do you expect from someone who beats up his fiancee?

14. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Flirting with Disaster . . . some little-known movie starring Mary Tyler Moore and some other actors I am choosing not to remember. It came out about 5 years ago, still stands as the only movie I left halfway!

Damn Crisco, I thought DoubleJeopardy was pretty awesome. Then again, any movie with Ashley Judd is already decent [​IMG] I also happened to love Independence Day, very awesome movie. I guess it also depends on your mood at the time you watch a movie. For instance, if your having an absolutely memorable weekend, you tend to have a bias view on any movie that you watched during that weekend.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I had to sit through "The Mirror has Two Faces." Talk about a mightmare.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

[This message has been edited by Lynus302 (edited May 14, 2000).]

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Okay maybe I am a little hard on ID4, but I cant help it. I hated almost every actor in that movie. Especially Will Smith and Jeff Goldbloom(not a good actor, has been the same type of character since the Fly, but was pretty good in Deep Cover). The special effects were pretty good, but again the story line was pretty weak. And so many lame one-liners. Anyway, I can see why people would like it, but I am not among them.

Haunting I really started to like, then at some point the story got really really bad and killed the whole movie for me. Its all about the family. Whatever.

But Im sure you all have different opinions than me, as I can already see some of my fav movies are on peoples worst lists. But I dont care, I just like to see the movies people hated.

I saw Salems Lot Part 2, it was pretty bad. I hope that did not actually make it to theatres. First One was alrite, specially for a TV miniseries thing.

Jeff,
    lol! I saw GymKata when I was a kid, and yes, it sucks. That pummel horse scene was hilarious. there are a LOT of bad action movies like that. Ive probly seen quite a few of them. WaterWorld is pretty bad, but not as as bad as PostMan, DAMN THAT MOVIE BLEW CHUNKS! [​IMG]

Ive always been interested in seeing Ishtar, to see how bad it is, but I havent been in the mood. Pray for me. [​IMG]

DC,

Hey man, I can repect Teletubies and Barney. Even regular episodes of Rugrats. I can actually sit down and be mildly entertained. But that RugRats movie was horrible. Uggh! I wanted to scream.

gr8-1,
    Yes Talented Ripley S-U-C-K-E-D

Azim,
    Flirting with disaster, hmm sounds familiar. Is that the one that got pub cuz MT Moore took off her shirt or sumthin? Im sorry, but I lauged at most of the scenes in Double Jeopardy. If you watch the scenes with an editors eyes, there are a lot of unnecessary scenes. Such as a lot of the prison scenes, and that horrible library scene all to set up that little not too cute joke about how shes single cuz she murdered her husband. Very predictable. I knew everything that was going to happen because of the commercials for it. And finally, it seems as if that whole movie was made just so Judd could say that line about how she could kill him riet in Mardi Gras. Ending was horrible too. But I can see why you wouild like Ashley Judd [​IMG]

BTW, I wasnt having a terribly great day yesterday and I saw Gladiator. Instantly brightened my day. Thx for the recommandation Azim, that movie rocks! Havent seen a movie that good in quite a while.

Here are some more:
    She Devil(RoseAnne)
    War of the Roses
    Universal Soldier: Ressurection(the movie that showed Goldberg cant act)
    Halloween 3
    Deadly Friend
    TommyKnockers
    Graveyard Shift
    Dusk Till Dawn 2
    Maximum OverDrive

Im sure Im leaving out so many more ...

------------------
    Cato is 7 feet tall.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

How about Tremors or even worse, Tremors 2! And then there is always CHUDD. Alligators in the sewer always suck!

Maximum Overdrive! LOL!!!! Man, was that awful.

As for ID4, I didn't mind it but I find the trend of killing off one of the characters in a very upsetting way (the president's wife & Randy Quaid in this case) very disconcerting. Lately, movies have this tendency (action movies, anyway) to kill off one of the characters for the purpose of "saving the day" or just to make us cry. Like Armageddon with Bruce Willis (hated that one!) - same thing.

That trend bugs the hell out of me. I want to be entertained and I want a happy ending damnit! I really like Will Smith, though, so this movie was ok by me.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

18. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Blade had tons of blood...Which blade movie were you watching?

some of the stinkers

Ishtar
    Steel
    Avengers
    Lethal 4
    Dusk till Dawn
    John Carpenters Vampires

and the all time stinker...
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I wasn't even going to pull out Attack of the Killer Tomatoes because it was meant to suck, but since you brought it up...

Actually, even worse than Attack was "Return of the Killer Tomatoes." Believe it or not, I saw a special preview screening of it in Austin before it was released nationwide back in 1987. I was going to UT and saw it there.

It had to be one of the stupidest movies ever, but talk about fun to see. With all the people in that theatre hooting and hollering over that, it was just awesome.

Almost ranks up there with the Jay Ward Film Festival - Rocky & Bullwinkle, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Dudley Do-Right - for all out fun, but not quite!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

i just finished watching "end of days".
    WHAT THE F@CK WAS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

------------------
    Now introducing the starting lineup for your Houston Rockets: Starting at Center, from Wake Forets TIM DUNCAN...