1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Contracts: Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

That also says his contract was a simple case of market value, supply and demand.

He was also the only shooting big who played starting caliber minutes in the past few off seasons including this one. The only other one i can think of is old man Frye.

2. Jay23

Jay23 Member

Melo ain't coming!!!!

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

To be honest, i think starting him at the three is the best option. He would be great playing more minutes with the second unit and at the pf as well.

Also, we have a window of 1-2 years max imo before melo and paul lose another step.

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

If you have a star who you want to build around like giannis, lillard, or cousins then he is the perfect role player since he keeps a big 35 feet away from the basket.

5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

All the bs aside the rockets went 52-17 with ryan anderson last season and 5-5 with him similar to our 500 record the year before. We finished third in the league with ryan anderson starting.

The playoff games he did bad in we still won. Shooters can have an off night and they still help you win. The 11 playoff games are overblown. Less than a handful of them were actually bad games. He was not the reason we lost anything no matter what you guys believe. It was because of NeNe.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

If only Toyota Center was in Baytown.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I started hating him when he started playing games other than basketball. The politics, didn't like that. Playing more offense to get the big contract all while making the team weaker because his defense slipped, didn't like that. Modeling in the offseason instead of playing professional basketball, the sport that actually pays your bills? I'm out. No longer sold on his freshman greatness. So glad he left to form a super douche crew with the Mavs owner, whatever that obnoxious man's name is. I'd say the same about him, get the f--- off that shark tank show and run your actual businesses. It's not a friggin game. You're not plugging your companies on there so leave.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I know from my own experience, it is very hard to listen to, what people are saying , but it is even harder to hear them, but guys if you doubt that Ryno contract is bad , why don't you watch this video again.

FROM 3:10 to about 6:10 Pay attention at 5:26 and what Le$$ have to say!

This was good signing because ,with his contract, we got 6 man of the year contract too. Now look at Ryno contract like 2 players - one 40% 3pt shooter and 6man of the year for $ 32,521,475 ($19,578,455 and $12,943,020 2017-2018),
    We only can speculate, if EG will sign contract with HR if no Ryno.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

All your posts are about race. **** off

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ive had it tinman... Anytime my hood. Ive got a special court lined up....

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why is tinman not responding to you? :confused:

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hes knows i bring that cbake game , no run low post up. lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

tinman meeting mutombo. lol

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How is any contract worse than Paraons. Parsons posted more instagram posts last year than points for the Grizzlies. Ryan Anderson at least helped us get to the third seed. Anderson isn't even that bad he's just one dimensional and we're taking a chance at an upgrade. This is just the knicks doing everything in their powers to up the Melo l value and devalue our assets. Again another stupid move by NYC. We aren't going to cough up anything valuable. If you really wanted something in value like Bledsoe in return the Knicks should be hyping the guys so a team like the Suns might be dumb enough to send them a bledsoe or knight for him.

Fawkward likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Why hasn't Charlotte thought about adding Anderson next to Dwight

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

hey bro, I'll bet you're diggin today's news!

for every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction. overpaid ryno = today's great liberation

justice homie!

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude is a spam bot

FTW Rockets FTW and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Parsons was listed for small forward
    This is for power forward

20. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Completely agree with this. Everybody here is getting pissed off with his contract because we can't get Melo.

But I have real concerns with adding more pieces and disrupting whatever chemistry we had last year. We know what we have with Ryno and he will get more open looks from 3 with Chris Paul in the lineup. He doesn't hold the ball and try to do too much - ie. he plays within a system. Melo has never played within a system - he always has been the system.

Melo is more skilled than Ryno, but unless we are able to trade Ryno for Melo without including anybody else, then it is worth a shot.

Remember that CP3 and JH could either work really well or completely destroy the team as we know it. Next year will be a test to see if JH can really play off the ball or whether he needs the ball in his hands to make things work. Do we really need more wild cards thrown into the fold? Remember how our team completely self destructed with the addition of Ty Lawson - and we didn't even give up much to sign him.

Blame McHale, blame Dwight, but it was more than just one person who was responsible for that mess of a year..

Gorilladunks likes this.