1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst/Annoying Commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pugsly8422, Jul 31, 2010.

1. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Some commercials annoy me more than others, and I was wondering which ones did the same to you.

Hotel Planner - OMG! Can you make yourself look any lamer or make a cheaper looking commercial? Seeing that commercial makes me say to myself....there is NO way I would use that website. Link

The Brown Hand Center - The commercial is shown so much that I literally dread seeing it. I really can't stand seeing the end when they show his wife....gee, I wonder why she married him. Link

Old Spice - I don't care to see a guy showing off his body by shaking his chest or kicking buildings down. I'm not sure how that is going to convince me to purchase the product. I'm sure this makes some people laugh, but I can't say I'm one of them. Link

Ab Circle Pro - It sounds to me like she's calling everyone fat when she says "lose those love handles" and that gets on my nerves. I'm in good shape and don't appreciate that. Also seeing the people using the machine with those huge smiles on their faces makes it obvious at how fake they are. Not the one I'm used to seeing, but oh well

Goldwater Law Firm - First, for some reason, anytime these commercials come on the volume on my television makes a big jump, I don't know if that's the commercial, or my tv. These commercials seem to come on so often that I just can't stand seeing (or listening to) them. I couldn't find a video for this one...too bad!

Honorable mentions...Progressive (dam that lady is annoying), Geico ("does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter R?", "is Ed Too Tall Jones too tall?"), "I wear no pants!", etc.), Denny's commercials with that guy....you know who I'm talking about, Cash for Gold (these commercials also get very loud), Tower 200 ("come on princess" yeah, like I'm going to buy something after you call me princess?). I could probably go on and on, but I'm sure I'm going to already receive enough crap for remembering these.

The sad thing is....the commercials are obviously working since I remember them.

Pugs

#1 pugsly8422, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The statefarm one with that douche bag who looks like David Carr. Who is this guy, and why should I listen to him?

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't like the Mr. Opportunity Honda Ads.

4. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

Anything from progressive insurance.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate Olive Garden commercials so much I have to change the channel now. They infuriate me. Seriously.

6. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Alllllll car commercials.

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

That Restasis eye drop commercial with the female doc and the older lady. It's so friggin' over dramatic it drives me nuts.

That little old lady in the Life Alert commercial. Her sing-song warbly voice is a caricature of little old ladies everywhere. Also drives me nuts.

And yes, that weird family on the Hand Center commercial really creeps me out.

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Ah I forgot about the most annoying commercial ever made

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XlWjUOQ3D4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XlWjUOQ3D4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Totally agree with that's a low price.

Those Six Flags commercials with that old guy. That's supposed to make me want to go to an amusement park? :confused:

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The new Comcast commercials are getting on my nerves.

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The BK Twilight commercial where they send teenage girls into BK to try to help the patrons pick sides is pretty annoying.

13. jman255

jman255 Member

freecreditreport.com

annoying and horrible.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_SwD7RveNE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_SwD7RveNE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Everytime I hear this commercial, I wanna rip someones head off!

15. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

I don't know if it's the best or the worst, but...

[​IMG]

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

No way. Dos Equis commercials are among the best and most original on TV. I especially like the short ones with the sage quotes.

"That's a low price" is about as mind-numbingly stupid and annoying as it gets.

Flo used to annoy the crap out of me, now I'm just kinda numb to her. I hardly ever watch TV commercials anyway these days. 90% of my TV consumption is on time delay so I get to skip through all of them.

17. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

He is the most interesting man in the world.

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I think the Dos XX commercials are starting to get a little old though...the last one I heard on the radio was a bit of a stretch.

The Sonic commercial where they're all shouting, "We got foot long coneys, how bout you?!" And they show shots of Burger King and McDonalds and Wendys.

The Skittle tube sock commercial....just weird.

The Texaco "text message" commercials...what the hell is the point of the texting?!

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

how can the XX commercials be original, they're just rip off chuck norris jokes

i hate the 5 hour energy commercials that i see on hulu all the time, just looks cheap

20. RocketGZ

RocketGZ Member

I had NBA League Pass last year, and the Geico commercials with the douchebag kept on popping up on EVERY.SINGLE.DAMN commercial break. Either "is Ed too tall jones... too tall?" or "did the cave man invent fire?" I just want to run on set and clock that fool and ask him "did you see that one coming?" with my eyebrows raised just like that POS :mad: