1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worried about Scott Foster in Gm 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Apr 23, 2019.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm just being honest.

If everything is fair and equal we should be able to put Utah away at home.

BUT

If they assign Foster to Gm 5 i'm gonna have bubble guts all day Wednesday.

We haven't seen him yet this postseason.

I really hate even having to be concerned with who the refs will be in our games, but we let bad calls get into our heads and it almost always goes bad when Foster is involved.

2. Voltik

Voltik Member

Game 4 officiating was horrendous so Foster or not we are going to win this series in 5 games. Jazz won’t have their crowd fueling them along with the altitude, which should give us the edge even with playing 5v8.

We are winning game 5.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nah. He’ll be there for game 1 of the second round against the Warriors

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Scott Foster is officiating tonight in Toronto. Unless the NBA pulls another B2B like they did with Brothers, he ain't reffing Game 5 at Toyota Center.

EDIT: I said in Orlando. I corrected it to Toronto. Which really should rule him out tomorrow night. He ain't hopping a flight from Canada to Texas for a 7 PM tip Wednesday night.

5. Manos

Manos Member

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’ve accepted we will never win a playoff game with Brothers or Foster. Just waiting for Silver to drop the hammer.

pippendagimp and bro2044 like this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

No officiating is going to stop the Rockets when they're right. They blew out Utah in Game 1 and 2 because Capela wasn't dealing with viruses.

If Capela is healthy, Gobert and the Jazz are done for.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Actually Capela was dealing with a virus in Game 1. And he played fine. He should be able to bounce back tomorrow.

BeBreezy likes this.
  9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I've been trying to tell y'all, the NBA does not want to deal with the controversy, we will not get Foster again this year after Paul and Harden called him out by name for having a personal vendetta against the Rockets and then with all the Donaghey tweets. They don't want to deal with it. There is a reason he hasn't officiated one of our games since then.

10. Voltik

Voltik Member

He’ll be back on our games next series. The other refs haven’t been fair with calls either, and it’s probably because Foster was called out publicly by the Rockets. There is a clear bias against Harden in these playoffs. Watching other series, even bench players are receiving calls that Harden normally receives. They reviewed the George Hill shooting foul at end of the half in MIL series and gave him free throws, when Harden has been constantly fouled in similar ways or worse throughout the playoffs.

darksoul35 likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It does more than get in our heads.

They sealed the paint because the three second call was apparently suspended for last night's game and there was no limit on the contact they could give in driving players. Hope Morey is sending THAT footage to the league.

With the commissioner sitting in the stands, it was just blatant and one sided. NBA gonna NBA.

But then we doubled down by spazzing out and looking like we'd never played basketball before (especially the bench).

12. macan

macan Member

if i was the league office, i would want a worriers vs Rockets rematch to boost the rating. i don't think there's any utah fans outside of utah. we have the whole China supporting us.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the first half last nite seals it plain as day, this league will absolutely not allow GS to go down in round 2. now i just hope harden at least has some great shooting games to close out his epic season

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think they should make a rule that once a bunch (not sure how defined, but ignore that for now lol) of folks now exactly who you are, you're no longer allowed to ref.

The crew chiefs tonight are Scott Foster, Jason Phillips, Tyler Ford, and Tre Maddox.

At best, about three of those guys I can say "maybe I've heard their names before?!?!?!?!? Perhaps I'd recognize them if I saw them???" Foster is the other one.

Unfortunately, the NBA seems to do the opposite. More people know you?? Great, let's make you the head ref of all the NBA!!!

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I'd rather he ref tomorrow then in the GS series

Manos likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where there’s an Adam Silver will, there is an Adam Silver way

Nook and J Sizzle like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The numbers are too clear and too large to be a coincidence at this point. You can chalk up and Brothers/Foster game as a loss going forward.

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

I've never rooted for a Spurs player as hard as I did when DeMar threw the ball at foster. I wanted the ball to hit foster in the head, leading to a concussion and an announcement that he was out for the rest of the season...

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm worried about the health of Clint Capela.

snowconeman22 and Vivi like this.
  20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I sure as hell hope you meant "than".