1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Workout/Nutrition Help Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jan 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't touch chest neither do I lock out because it would realease the tension on the chest to rest. But the numbers on the bench will never lie to you I promise. A decent form rep is legit. I know there's a lot dumbasses that have bad form but I rarely see it on the bench press, see the squat depth, people go 1/4 down with 1/4 the weight can't handle. It's that ego but you have to start from scratch. Ask them to go ass to grass bet they can't.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If you're doing a specific sport people arent going to start a New Years resolution thread. And if you're doing it for a sport you already have a coach so they wouldn't ask for advice either.

This people want that aesthetic life and I'm showing them the way.

3. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I guess motivating people and educating them to live a healthier life is always a good thing.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

For nutrition, overall health, i strongly reccomend you guys eat organic and raw fruits, seeds, nuts, vegetables. Try to get algae's and herbs too. Drink lots of water. Meditate, keep your mind clear and be happy.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I ate organize for a week and felt a difference. Neurology health increased over 9000. That's expensive though.

Where do you buy organic at?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes organic is sadly very expensive. To me though, its not an option, i cant eat genetically motified, pesticide and perservitived filled, chemical filled processed foods. It kills me to see every one eat that as well.

I personally get my organic foods from whole foods, trader joe's also has a ok selection.

I just learned about this group, or organization called rawfully organic.

http://www.rawfullyorganic.com/

Its in houston and they supply organic foods, iv never participated ( hopefully i will soon ) so i don't know much about it and there for cant summarize how it works so if you'd like go ahead and check out there website.

7. SK34

SK34 Member

I don't know. Haven't lifted weights in 6 months. I do push ups and pull ups.

Last time I did bench press. (It was a test a UH for a kinesiology class) about a month ago, I had 35s on each side. Only did 5 reps cause it got hard.

Before that, I used to put about 45-55 on eeach side.

8. SK34

SK34 Member

Note: it was the first time I lifted weights after my thumb surgery. And I have problems I my wrist and the wrist problem made it hard to bench press even more.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You definately need to get stronger. We have another case of skinny fat. Not trying to shame you cause that's where I came from. You don't need thermogenic products. You need some creatine by beast and protein shake plus eating a lot. You need to concentrate at least on the bench press, pull ups, and squats. Just those three.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Started up insanity again a few days ago after a 5 month hiatus. Love handles started to creep back in so I had to do something. I forgot how hard this was all while maintaining good eating habits. Good luck to everyone.

11. SK34

SK34 Member

I already know that. That is what I'm working on improving this semester. I was gonna start lifting once semester starts so next monday.

Currently I'm just doing ab ribber x and trying to fix my nutrition.

Whats the ideal weight for bench press and squats for me to get to?
    And ideal pull up number?

I was thinking to do full body workouts instead of separating them out by body parts since I'm only going to be on campus mon-wed-fri. So you know any routine I should follow? (I'll have a time limit of 1hr 30 mins to get my workouts done - 8:00AM - 9:30Am)

12. droopy421

droopy421 Member

[​IMG]

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I don't want to use the word bulk because some people might take it the wrong way and eat all kinds bad food. Just don't get to worried about diet at all. You can play with 10-20 lbs more, as long as you're lifting heavier.

Since you're a beginner you will be sore for about three days minimum. Concentrate on just those three lifts.

Mon- squats. legs to release testosterone
    Wed. Back. Pull ups. You will sore ass fawk.
    Fri. Chest- bench press. Nobody is bench pressing.

Once you become intermediate you can even hit all three the same day. Ounce you become a beast you will have to separate you're lifts again. Notice how I just concentrated on those three lifts. Feel free to add any other exercise that will compliment that body part. You can hit arms with chest for example.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How long was your thumb/hand immobilized? Did you rehab it?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's all about compound lifts and eating a lean protein rich diet. Add a multivitamin and soem fish oil and you'll see results shortly.

Stick to squats, deadlift, bench press, rows, pullups/chinups and overhead military press and you'll be hitting all the big muscle groups really well.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just joined planet fitness for $10 a month. Apparently it sucks but is sooo inexpensive.

17. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Biggest issue is a sedentary job. Such a pain to either wake up early and hit the gym, or hit it after a long time.

18. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

"I've got a motto..... Like your job, LOVE your wife." - Del Griffith, Salesman - Shower Curtain Ring Division

19. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Day 6 of p90x/insanity hybrid (pure cardio). Don't feel like doing it today :eek:

20. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Maybe people need to stop "training" and going back to "working out." Everyone is training nowadays but when you ask what for....its just to look better.....which is just working out. Not saying that anyone in here did this but just had to vent.