1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

work stress

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, Sep 29, 2003.

1. The Voice of Reason

how much work stress do you have.
    more importantly how much is dumped o you vs how much do you create yourself.
    are you able to let go of it all when you leave?

how do you let go?

I personally have a ton of crap dumped on me. I do the work that 3 people used to do. on top of that i have expectations placed on me from the owner as well as my employees.
    worse of all i put stress on myself because I feel an obligation to the workers as well as to the owner.

I dont let go of really any of it. I used to have a few beers to get to sleep, but that is just turning me into an alcoholic and making me fat. the last thing i want to be is overweight and stressed. thats like a sure thing heart attack.
    I really dont sleep till 2am anf wake at 6 due to work obligations.

I am 28 and its been a year like this. I am wondering how much longer i can last before i shut down. anyone else have crazy work related stress?
    anyone have any healthy sure fire ways to get sleep or let work go by like 6 so i can at least enjoy a few good hours?

PEACE

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Voice of Reasons,

Not making fun of you buddy!!!

But it is kind of ironic about someone talking about so much work/stress put on them and how they have to work long, crueling hours and can't get caught up..............................

as they post on a bbs board..................................

:p

3. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

have you tried to clear your mind before you sleep? it sounds stupid, but when I cant sleep because of all sorts of school and other drama, I lay in bed with my eyes closed and think one of two things:
    1. I literally just try to mentally picture blackness. If I can mentally picture it, then usually the thoughts of work and all that slowly die out.... but it takes some work sometimes. Sometimes it takes several tries before you can really clear your mind. But when you finally do, you usually crash out before you know it....
    2. the other thing I think about is just crazy storylines and fantasy stuff like unicorns and mermaids, and get started on some crazy dream while i'm awake, and usually i slip into sleep and the story continues in my dreams.

I prolly sound like a nutcase, but well, I am, so I guess its ok.

4. The Voice of Reason

its not that i dont have time. Stress and time are not ncessarily related. I am sure some people stress because they are not able to get things done in time. I stress because of my of responsibilities. Those responsibilities do not go away no matter how much work I have to do, or do not have to do. If I dont have the time I just stay late. I always get my work done.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The simplest advice is to just smile a lot. You'd be surprised how well that works. Just make yourself happy and then it won't matter what happens. Also, think strongly about what things in your life make you the happiest the longest. For example, buying an apple pie may only make you happy for an hour. But playing basketball might make you feel good for a week. So you would choose playing basketball instead of eating an apple pie.

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Increase your exercise and increase the amount of time you spend on things you enjoy. These two things provide an amazing counterbalance to work stress.

7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

V of R,

Hey, I was just kidding with you - I know how you feel exactly. Going through the same here - wish I had the perfect answer.