1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Work Related Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joesr, Nov 10, 2013.

1. joesr

joesr Member

My mother has been working with AAFES (Government retail) for about 18 years now and is with in a couple years of retirement. She has been getting good evals and marks her whole career but now so close to retirement her boss gave her a bad evaluation (her first).

It sounds to me like they are trying to screw her out of her retirement.

Are there any laws which protect her or because its Government, no?

Don't know if location matters but she currently works in NJ.

2. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

whats an eval got to do with her retirement? we had quartly evals at Walg but it never effected anything other then your yearly raise (companies way of saving money, instead of everyone getting .30-.50 cent a year, 99% of employees now got .05-.10 cent a year)

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Layoffs, annual rank-and-yanks or just a straight discharge; a bad review would give cause in defense of an age discrimination charge.

4. joesr

joesr Member

I had thoughts a job can't just fire you off just cause. Getting a bad eval and another and another would lead to reasons for firing.

I know Texas is a right to work state and I hear that means they can fire you for nothing?

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

Let me know if you find out