1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woman Sues Extreme Makeover

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mr Boo, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

LINK: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9399692/

LOS ANGELES - A Texas woman is suing ABC after getting bumped from the reality show “Extreme Makeover.”

The New York Daily News says Deleese Williams got the boot the night before her surgeries were to start. She says the about-face ruined her family’s life.

Her lawyer says producers nixed her appearance after a dental surgeon told them her recovery time would be longer than expected. Williams claims getting dumped shattered her family’s dream and triggered her sister’s suicide.

Williams is suing for money damages for breach of contract, intentional infliction of emotional distress and other offenses.

#1 Mr Boo, Sep 19, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

when my sister was unable to get plastic surgery, i decided to kill myself.

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

It's all about the Benjamins

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

That's so cool. I never knew you could post on ClutchFans from the afterlife!

:D

5. Mr Boo

That's exactly how I feel....being on this show must've been like winning the lottery to this family, and then to have it taken away, dude that's beyond messed up...these show just about exploit and milk every human emotion, and when it all comes down to it, it's all about the money.

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Me too!!!

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Only from Hell... Heaven has a firewall.

8. MadMax

i can see what you're doing right now. stop it.

;)

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I guess they're real, but rather unspectacular.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

... because that was just too much ugly to live with.

And as always, post a link to your stories if you get them online.

11. Mr Boo

I just grabbed this off Extreme Makeover's Website http://abc.go.com/primetime/extrememakeover/

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

How much should this woman be fined for her stupid lawsuit? I say at least 100,000.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I had a teacher in high school (passed away several years ago due to natural causes, God bless him) who would say in a situation like this (referring to this Williams woman), "They should sterilize you so they don't produce another one like you."

Talk about a waste of money here, sheesh.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

If someone said they were gonna give me a million dollars, then didn't, I'd hope to hell I wasn't one of the unlucky bastards who started spending. It's a tough deal, but everyone should know, nothings free. The strings are always somehow attached.

15. MadMax

that wasn't the promise here. the promise was she'd get cosmetic surgery. they decided not to follow through because the length of the recovery time.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm sure it was a crushing disappointment, but ruining the lives of your entire family seems to be a stretch.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i came in here thinking she was suing because of the plastic surgery. what a feeble and closed-minded person i am. :rolleyes:

18. Mr Boo

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly...the family itself bears a huge responsiblity for their own individual reactions and actions, but at the same time, I'm tired of all these shows that do this Extreme Makeover, or the 3 Wishes Show with Amy Grant, or Exteme Makeover My Home or whatever it's called.

The people featured in these shows have problems as such and I'm glad they are getting help, but the process in which the entertainment industries decides who gets what seems to be based on who has the saddest story or some ridiculous theme, thus the goal to capture the most viewers. It's obvious it's all based on money, and there are positive benefits as such, but I'm just tired of human emotions getting exploited over and over again all over greed on both sides of the coin.

In a way, these so-called "reality" shows are debasing our society, and I'm just tired of it all...and I know, I know, I can just turn the TV off...but what's scary to me is that while I turn it off, millions probably tune right into it.

19. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Hmmm, this would be an interesting discussion for my contracts class. If she suffered any sort of detriment (quitting her job, using vacation, staying a week away from her family, etc) she might have an interesting case.

20. MadMax

wouldn't be that interesting...it would settle in a heartbeat.