1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woman possibly contracted Covid at Rockets Game on Jan 31

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 21, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...arly-a-month-before-the-first-confirmed-case/

HOUSTON – An otherwise healthy Houston woman in her 30s who doctors said had pneumonia in February believes she actually had coronavirus. In fact, a COVID-19 antibody test she took came back positive Wednesday.

Layla Campbell and her husband, Drew, attended a Rockets game at the Toyota Center on January 31. Three days later, she began to experience flu-like symptoms but tested negative for the flu and positive for strep at local urgent care.

“Thirty minutes later, I was lying on the couch. I said, ‘My chest is killing me. I feel like somebody’s sitting on my chest,’” Campbell said. “I can’t breathe; something doesn’t feel right.”

The doctor diagnosed her with pneumonia this time and gave her cough medicine. The symptoms lasted for two weeks.

Layla said she has had pneumonia before but this illness was worst. She could barely walk.

“I struggled to walk even a couple of feet,” Campbell said. “I couldn’t breathe.”

Her husband Drew came down with flu-like symptoms too and tested negative for the flu.

Layla said she wasn’t surprised when her coronavirus antibody test came back positive.

“I’m just thankful that we took precautions,” she said. “I lysoled everything. I put a mask on. My parents have underlying health conditions that are serious.”

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Thankful for their recovery.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

She couldn’t have contracted it from the Toyota Center because it’s always so empty.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Scarface likes this.
  5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DreamShook, dc rock, TexAg713 and 6 others like this.
  6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Where was Gobert on January 31st?

7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

According to Trump, this would've been impossible

[​IMG]

8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Love my Rockets and no disrespect to Houstonions but Rockets need to better fans. TC is depressing. The fans are so docile and apathetic, half the seats are empty, no engagement... terrible environment.

Wouldn’t mind moving the team somewhere the fans actually give a shiii

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Austin.Rivers.exe has crashed.

RustyHarden and OmegaSupreme like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

@Clutch
    Don't ever think of moving the Rockets out of Houston.

This site is for HOUSTON ROCKETS, those words are CONNECTED

@Reeko

I don't care how many fans show up, don't ever disrespect the home team or bring up relocation
    you realize that our fonder was part of the reason why Les never moved it to Kentucky?
    Yeah

@Clutch @Jeff

RasaqBoi and RocketRed84 like this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Feel free to buy everyone tickets

CK Johnson likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

Newbs don't even understand the subject of attendance

This was because of the way tickets are distributed with priority to the Corporations (Les Alexander's legacy for Toyota Center)

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Toyota Center is trash, and it’s sad to see, but if you’re talking moving the team, don’t talk to me...I don’t want to hear it, I don’t want to see it...Attendance is trash in Houston? Well so be it

this team isn’t going anywhere...any talk of relocation is ridiculous, I shouldn’t even entertain it...scrub that dude’s post off CF servers effective immediately...

it has to be a non-Houstonian talking about moving the team because they’re the ones with no city pride...smh

tinman likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Les didn't care about Houston he marketed to people who live thousands of miles away so much they thought it's their team

sure, but it's not

15. tinman

Supporting Member

they don't understand that Reeko wanted to sit at the lower section and pay his $100, but it said that whole section was sold out because some executives from ZTE flew in town. But they didn't show up cause they were still at Treasures dropping cash on Keke and Juanita
    and Reeko said screw this, I'm going to watch it at home

RasaqBoi likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not even the entire lower bowl that’s utter trash, it’s mainly the club seat sections...the sections that are unfortunately the most visible on TV and stick out like a sore thumb because they are usually half full at best often having several rows with nobody in them, and too many of the people that do happen to be there just sit down playing with their phone making no noise

the lower bowl behind the baskets is definitely not as loud as the upper bowl, but at least it’s usually decently filled up

I HATE TC’s local library atmosphere, but don’t ever talk about relocating the team...I would cease all relations with the Rockets if they moved

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

What cheap skates who don't know where Houston is on a map go don't get is the HISTORY OF WHY WE HAVE TOYOTA CENTER

STORY.

1. Rockets have a fan friendly arena called THE SUMMIT
    2. Greedy New York b*stard buys Rockets from Nice Houston Owner
    3. Rockets win 2 championships in THE SUMMIT
    4. Greedy owner sees other owners get new arena and wants THE CITY TO BUY HIM A NEW ARENA
    5. Greedy owner looks as KENTUCKY for possible new relocation unless CITY BUILDS HIM AN ARENA
    6. Greedy owner WANTS A HOCKEY TEAM too cause he sees OTHER OWNERS GET RICH
    7. HEROIC 99ERS #1 and #2 create SAVEOURROCKETS.COM to keep pressure on the city to build ARENA
    8. 99ERS WIN and convince CITY to BUILD Toyota Center for Rockets and Hockey and Backstreet Boys concerts. SUMMIT Turns into a CHURCH because it's HOLY.
    9. Greedy owner realizes Houston has lots of RICH CORPORATIONS, gives them priority for luxury suites and whole arena. HOWEVER, NO HOCKEY FRANCHISE wants Greedy Owner. Prefer Dallas .
    10. Greedy owner makes Toyota Center focused on buying stuff like T Shirts and expensive food.
    11. Rockets get Yao Ming. Greedy Owner prioritizes China and corporations over Houston Fans, doesn't give a F about people in seats as long as CASH MONEY STREAM IS FLOWING LIKE A RIVER
    12. Yao retires. Greedy Owner is sad. INTERMEDIATELY RETIRES HIS NUMBER>
    13. Greedy Owner sells team to Loudmouth Owner. Moves to Florida with other rich New York bastards.
    14. TROPHIES GO MISSING. Loudmouth owner gets replicas. Should have gotten them from Johnny Dang and Paul Wall
    15. Country that Greedy Owner pandered to is ANGRY. DROPS NBA.
    16. Pandemic.

#17 tinman, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    buffalobills!!! and Reeko like this.
  18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Everything is due to Covid, isn't it? The first case in the US was said to be in California in early February (even then I'm skeptical of it) and didn't start becoming an issue until early March in some parts of the country, and mid-March in Texas. But January? Doesn't make sense at least with any of the current info out.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

I hope her and her husband recover completely.

But there is no way that she could say that she caught it from TC. Can't say that she didn't, but there's no way to say that she did.

20. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Not enough Landry's.