1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wolves acquire Jimmy Butler

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 22, 2017.

1. Lightsnowaction

If you trade Beverley and Ryno to Minnesota, I think that team is an instant top 4 seed in the West, and could be better than us. If we get PG13 and CP3, then we stay atop of them. Also, Beverley wouod KILL us everytime.

2. Lightsnowaction

Although the T-Wolves made a great trade, I personally don't want to grade the trade until I see what the Bulls got out of this. Dunn still has a chance to be a good NBA player, Lavine still has upside, and Lauri has high upside. I'll wait a 2 years before I judge the trade.

RudyTBag and CK Johnson like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wolves wouldn't have made deal without pick swap

The Minnesota Timberwolves didn't give up a draft pick in their trade for Jimmy Butler, merely swapping No. 7 with the Chicago Bulls for No. 16, while also sending out Zach LaVine and Kris Dunn.

"We didn't want to lose our draft choice," said owner Glen Taylor. "We really thought, as it turned out, moving down a number of notches didn't affect us too much. We still got a young guy (Justin Patton) with a lot of potential."

Taylor was asked whether the Wolves would have still done the deal if the Bulls insisted on keeping their pick at No. 16.

"No, we told them that would break the deal," said Taylor.

Taylor also suggested the Wolves may have selected Lauri Markkanen at No. 7.

Jimmy Butler after trade from Bulls: 'I just don't like the way some things were handled'

Halfway around the world, in Paris, Jimmy Butler was alerted to the news in the middle of the night, and offered no comment at the time. Come Friday, however, he was ready to talk, and he had some things to get off his chest. In addition to his comments about how being the face of the franchise in Chicago got him nothing, Butler also said that he didn't "like the way some things were handled." Via the Chicago Sun-Times:

"It's crazy because there was me talking with guys about Cleveland, then all the outside rumors with Boston, Minnesota, Phoenix, then the feeling that I'm not going anywhere,'' Butler said. "I mean I had so many people telling me what could possibly happen, but I just got to the point where I stopped paying attention to it.

"It's crazy because it reminds you of what a business this is. You can't get mad at anybody. I'm not mad, I'm not. I just don't like the way some things were handled, but it's OK."​

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So - Does this make the Wolves a Playoff team? Top 5 in the west?

Rocket River

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's hilarious that the best young team in the nba just added jimmy butler and all the media can talk about is the lakers

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope he gave out a phone sex number or something ridiculous.

BigMaloe, rockpileindisma and J.R. like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

the last time a celebrity gave me a number, it went to a lady named jenny. the number went something like 8675...something something.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Nobody's called the # yet?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

he posted on IG videos of him taking calls on facetime lol

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I texted his ass "**** tomball"

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It's not that bad out here in the area.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I just wanted to trigger him

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

I have to assume he planned this ahead of time as a publicity stunt. So if he gave out a legit number that can reach him rather than a joke/fake number, its obviously to a burner phone and/or burner number he owns and not his actual real number that he only gives out to his family and friends.

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Or he did it in the heat of the moment and now he has to change his number lol.

A while back when I was a frequent flyer over at sherdog.com and a big mma fan someone posted Chael Sonnens cell phone number on the forum. Sonnen was about to fight silva the first time and he still had a real estate website that someone found.

Sonnen had been talking a whole lot of **** to make a name for himself. So being a young dumb **** I decided to hit him up.

It was like 1 in the morning and he answered. I told him silva was going to kick his ass and he told me I was the third person to call him lol. He was so nice I told him I was just kidding. He asked me where I was going to school and what sports I played. He then asked how I got his number and I told him. He said he would be answering calls all night and shoot the **** with fans and haters and to feel free to call back but he would go change his number the next day. Super cool guy

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

jimmy butler recruiting lowry to come to minny lol. as if he doesnt have a great pg already on the roster..... :eek:

Invisible Fan and steddinotayto like this.