1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WojYahooNBA] T-Mac for Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matt Maloney, Jan 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Hasn't happened yet. :)

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I second that, Morey is going to kill someone. Too many bad teams going no where and want cap space to possibly sign Dwade, Lebron, Amare, Bosh etc... What they fail to realize is that teams win games, not superstars. Kobe needed Gasol, Bynum, and Odom to step up.

Morey is looking for team superstars, such as Iggy, Butler, etc... Let's be real, Shane would be great off the bench slowing down people, like JR Smith, Jason Terry, Tim Thomas, etc... Imagine a fast break with Iggy and Ariza on the wings with Aaron or Lowry running the break. Phi Slamma Jamma.

I'm all for Iggy and Dalembert for Tmac... Get er down DM

3. saleem

Lee wants to move Luis. I'm not against moving him,even though I like him. I wouldn't include him in this package.

4. herro

herro Member

If Luis is included it better be with Phildadelphia to get Young with Iguodala somehow.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Butler cannot be the main piece of a deal for us. The guy is barely better than Ariza at this point and he's paid almost twice as much.

7. saleem

Not likely to get more than that. Tracy isn't T-Mac anymore.

8. bringonthe3s

bringonthe3s Member

What about this 3 way trade involving Philly and Wiz?

Houston Gets: Javale Mcgee, Andre Iguodala, Mike Miller

Washington Gets: Tmac, Dorsey, Jason Kapono

Philly Gets: Butler, Stevenson, Foye

This would be great for the rockets! ;)

9. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

And for the Wizards who give up their entire roster.
    Jesus.

10. Seth

Seth Member

I think a fair trade with the wizards would be.

Tmac for Butler, Mike James and Oberto.

Oberto is not playing for them and can help here. Mike James would be the "buy out guy" and Caron Butler the addition.

They would get rid of Butler contract for virtually nothing.

11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

1) I don't think we really know what's real and what is just some "inside source" trying to sound like he knows something
    2) Even if somebody on another team really does say something, it doesn't mean that they're really going to step up and pull the trigger on anything.

I'm not saying there is or is not a lot of interest in TMac, just that we won't really know anything until the deal is done. Nice to talk about, though.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Adrian has a pretty high success rate as far as Rocket related reporting in the last 18 months or so. I believe this report.

13. Omer

Omer Member

Would love to see T-Mac come to the local team here (Wizards). Win-win situation for me!

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

easy transition since you're used to seeing your franchise players in street clothes also

15. AXG

AXG Member

I like Iggy better since he is a younger, less injury-prone, better playmaker and better defender than Butler. Caron Butler is nice but I feel he is on the decline and Morey said he wouldn't trade McGrady unless he could get an "All-Star or future All-Star" type player. Caron Butler isn't that player anymore. Plus, Iggy fits better with the more uptempo offense and paired with Ariza, Brooks and Landry, the Rockets have a good quick young core for years to come. Unless Caron were to be traded again for the player the Rockets really want, I think the Rockets could still do better, IMO.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

tmac will get shot if he goes to the wizards.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think It has more to do about what we give up for Caron or Iggy...

If we have to give up our talent to get Iggy and take in Dalembert I say no.

If we don;t have to give up our talent and get Caron and small contract filler I say yes.

I think Caron fits in better with the style Rick plays anyway. Iggy needs to show me more consistent shooting.

18. saleem

It's fair. I don't think Oberto can help but he is an expiring contract,who won't hurt. James also has an expiring contract. Caron would be the addition,but the big picture should be seen as well. Can he help us to become a contender right now, or fit in the long run with the young guys? He could help in the short-term, if he was consistently healthy.

His injury history bothers me.

19. VBG

VBG Member

He's not THAT injured.
    He's played over 58 games in each and every regular season.

If we can get a big man along with Butler, we might become the new Pistons.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

in his healthiest years (the 20's) he has played in 84.9% of games. by comparison tmac played in 81.8% of games in his 20's.