1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

Stylistically for Woj, this is the case. But, if you have been reading Royce's tweets, he has been taking this to a pretty high level of drama so Woj is not too far off in my opinion.

2. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

D-league is the best place for him. Regular playing time, bus trips, out of the spotlight, yet still making more than Parsons. Nice gig if you can get it, hope he can see that.

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

The article makes me feel bad for White.

Hope he turns it around.

4. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Well i see another self entitled loser demanding everyone cater to him instead of himself trying to work thru the issue.

WTF, if anyone else did that at their respective place of work, they'd lose their jobs. What is he, the next MJ?

He will be outta of the league within a year and then fail at life. Real disorder or not, I don't have an ounce of sympathy for individuals like this.

5. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

The article actually makes he dislike him more than I already do. Seems like the team as gone above and beyond to help him and he just wants more.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Some positives

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing he met Dr. Fink.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"PHINK*"

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nailed it. [​IMG]

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Good stuff. If the Rockets really believe he's a top 5 talent from the draft, then that explains their extreme patience.

11. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think he was a top 5 talent too. But I think what will be his undoing with the Rockets is the discord he will cause in the lockerroom. Even if he and the managemnt work something out, the rest of the team probably won't be cool with his special treatment/antics.

13. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

If he was so much more comfortable last year at Iowa State wouldn't a D-league assignment be pretty much the same experience as college hoops? Buses, star of the team, shiitty hotels, etc. Only this time he is making millions

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Royce is narcissistic beyond belief. The Rockets have totally bent over backwards for him, yet he just seems totally ungrateful. He called the Rockets “low” on Twitter, but using his anxiety disorder as a manipulation tool to get playing time is the REAL definition of low.

I’m glad he’s starting to fulfill some of his obligations to the Rockets, but I still remain really skeptical of this ever working out. His personality issues just seem way too deep for this to ever become a healthy, workable relationship between him and the team.

15. joesr

joesr Member

Stop hating rookie. Morey knew damn well about this. Its why he fell to 16 and probably WAY farther if Morey didn't pick him. Its a gamble. THE WHOLE LOTTERY IS A GAMBLE. If you don't like it you trade your pick for a player.f you feel RW is a lost cause, then you lost that lottery gamble and GTFOver it. Move on. Stop the damn whining posting. All of you, shiet.

16. Akim523

Akim523 Member

So you have anxiety issue too?

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

doesn't really matter at this point. They already drafted him.Top 5 or top 25, the pick has been used and they have to make the best of it, as long as they can. It's better than literally throwing the pick away.

18. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i didnt know that the team is providing for his rv service and paying for it. Nor did I know that the rockets sent a car to pick him up to go to Training camp and arranged an alternate mode of transport, he just didnt want to go in.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yup.

If we want this situation to improve we have to focus on the positives, and stop dwelling on the negatives.

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

What did he exaggerate in this article?