1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Rockets determined to sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. rockets13champs

Made me feel better

2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I would like this as well, but money hungry Melo will the rest of the mid level exception. ..

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo is coming off the worst season of his career lol...most thought he’d be Olympic Melo here, but he’s said he’s not comfortbale in that role and doesn’t want to do that

also, we were trying to trade Ryno for Melo...the minute other names like Capela, Gordon, or Ariza were brought up, a lot of people said NY needs to gtfo so it seems more like the board was giddy for him if it meant only losing Ryno, and that was before he looked like trash

Zboy likes this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Us = rio grande valley vipers?

clutchdabear and seclusion like this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Capela did the best he could do. But having 2 tough defensive wings (Ariza & Luc) is what really gave us the biggest advantage. Gerald Green isn't disciplined enough defensively to play vs GS. We another smart tough minded defender with PJ

6. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

omg no.. one of them is enough
    would rather chance it with melton than play nick young

7. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Can Melo get released already so we can know

True Rocket likes this.
  8. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

if you look at it tho Luc didnt even play in that series and when he did in the playoffs he was horrible. The main keys for our D is PJ, CP3, and Clint. Lets get Melo and another guy.

brosef, Cstyle42 and slpntz like this.
  9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I’m already knowing this Melo process is going to take forever so we might as well shift our attention towards something else

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

He wasn't even Olympic Melo with OKC he was a man I've rarely seen before. He'll bounce back.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Take that for data! I like the way you analyze.

12. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Only way the Rockets can make any improvements at this point is to make a trade. If we could somehow get our hands on Jimmy Butler, Kevin Love, Bazemore, Simmons (as was suggested earlier), or Otto Porter, we will be just fine. We do need depth but we have to move that Anderson contract first. Rodney Hood is still out there, as is Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas. We might have to move Gordon for Butler and Anderson for Love with Onuaku and draft picks. Those trades might not happen but I think a trade is the only way we are going to see any improvement at this point.

13. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Rather than Melo, I'd rather sign Nick Young and trade for Bazemore (I don't know how the contract details and if it's even possible).

14. 523744

523744 Member

I actually enjoyed the short-lived "Sign Trevon Duval NOW" party.

True Rocket and BigShasta like this.
  15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Did you ever consider that he didn't like playing in any of those places when he left? Look at his numbers, this dude can still ball -- he just wasn't in a good situation. The only person in the world that likes playing with Westbrook is apparently Paul George.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Rokman

Rokman Member

You all have forgotten Morey's #1 Credo:

You have to be the one to FIND the Ariza's and Luc's not PAY the Ariza's and Luc's!

You all forget so quickly. Shame.

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

I can see the frustration right now on Hardens face when Melo gets burned by his man play after play after play. It's gonna be just like the season after we made it to the Finals with Dwight.

18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Wish he followed that credo when it came to Ryan A.

Reeko likes this.
  19. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

We played D well enough in that series. We needed someone to hit a couple of 3s in game 6 and 7. CP3,Harden, Gordon,PJ and Melo could close games against GS. Yes, Durant still will be able to score, but let them run their Durant isos, and keep them out of their regular offensive flow.

20. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

And neither Ariza or Luc can score or create like Melo.