1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Paul George traded to Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jul 6, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder what team takes on Russ...I would say Miami but I don't know what they have.

Does he have a NTC? His contract is long enough that he's going to need one to pick where he wants to go. Hopefully, it's out east.

2. Chamillionaire

Happy for Bev and Montrez and to an extent, Lou.
    I understand why KL and PG wanted to play there.
    Doc as the coach. West as an executive. One of the best owners in sports. Teammates that will go to war with you.

It's like the Anti-Rockets. WTF.

pugsly8422, amaru and mikol13 like this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

OKC guys were probably the source trying to throw the media off their scent.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I could easily see this being us next summer

Rockets have another disappointing year because Harden can’t win a title with aging CP0 and a bunch of limited/inconsistent role players, gets unhappy, and demands a trade that will get accommodated like OKC just did with George

Tilman ain’t paying LT for a bunch of 2nd round or maybe WCF exits with an aging and declining core

gatsby, JW86, astros123 and 4 others like this.
  5. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

WHAT THE ****

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah Bro Morey never done **** for us Rocket fans! Jerry and Pat have bigger penises!

7. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Really hope they abolish conferences soon this is getting ridiculous. Glad he's doing his own thing. Clippers still #1 team in LA feels bad for all the Lebron stans around here.

amaru likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed about Jerry West, dude is simply the GOAT. Also credit Balmer for changing the image/culture of that team.

Honestly don't think OKC will trade Westbrook. Despite his flaws, he still a damn good player and more importantly, BELOVED by their fans. Like Kobe in his later years, Westbrook might not be worth his contract on the court, but he's definitely worth it in terms of revenue and to the organizational image.

And while many are celebrating OKC's demise, I really don't think they'll be worst next year than they were the previous two.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not really pissed. I whine about how the NBA has black-balled the Rockets, but I knew this has been the case since the Harden trade. This isn't surprising. The league helps certain Franchises and NBA luminaries in FO positions. Morey needs to be promoted and put Hakeem in as GM figure head. No one picks up the Rockets calls because they don't want a NERD like Morey gaming the system again. It is what it is.

Rockets offered 4 first round picks for Jimmy Butler and Morey had to leave a message because no one picked up... smh.

I'm convinced Morey leaked all this Butler information in the press because no one was picking up the phone; he had to send smoke signals via twitter fingers.

No question Jerry is a great GM, but he is allowed privilege being the gawd damn logo. Pocket-protecting, MMO playing, Morey has no chance.

B-Bob, Cold Hard, Andre0087 and 8 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have to state the trade destination though......he can literally go anywhere, but Harden never took a haircut.....or beard shave before.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

12. malakas

malakas Member

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

14. amaru

amaru Member

Sadly I see this as the most likely scenario. Harden will likely be the piece that moves to another team to help another superstar.

We’re gonna hate to see it.!

Reeko and astros123 like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think you have a point about the Morey thing. I don't think many players are endeared to him and it hurts the recruiting drive for these players.

That's why when we were eliminated you had a bunch of players mocking and laughing at our franchise...as if we were the only team to ever get eliminated from the playoffs, that reaction was odd to me but it tells me that a lot of players probably don't like Morey too much.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Now that OKC has all those assets and picks they are in prime position to trade for any disgruntled superstar.
    Wouldn't that be ironic?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Full circle, Harden in OKC again.

amaru likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is precisely why Morey isn't getting much done lately.

Other GMs are wary of him. Players do not like him that much.

19. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

i hope Morey is paying attention to how real GMs make things happen they do everything behind closed doors

20. amaru

amaru Member

Lol Harden going full circle. Doubt he wants to play with Westbrick

malakas likes this.