1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Knicks, Rockets re-engage on Carmelo Anthony trade talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2017.

1. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

To clarify, I don't the Knicks should make the deal, and they should just keep Melo. He's a better player than the trade package being proposed.

I also don't think the Rockets should increase their offer by adding any rotation players. I never saw them as compatible trade partners, other than mutual interest from Melo and Houston, but no real assets especially since Melo isn't a locker room problem.

Mood nov zef likes this.
  2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Melo's NTC renders Olshey powerless.

DonKnock and Bids9 like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Repped.

Cash Cam, DonKnock, jevjnd and 4 others like this.
  4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Repped.

DonKnock, jevjnd and Tfor3 like this.
  5. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Feels wrong?

6. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Please not another Portland troll. This is making me sick.

7. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'm not involved in the trade discussions, I have no idea what the Knicks want or what the Rockets are offering.

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

NY has absolutely no leverage

1) Melo has a no trade clause is is ONLY willing to waive for Houston

2) Portland isn't a good team, they are likely to miss the playoffs without Melo, there is about a 0% chance Melo would be willing to play there. With Melo, that team has ZERO all-stars (Lillard if someone gets hurt perhaps) and fights for a 6 seed perhaps.

3) If Houston has to give up more than Ryan Anderson + filler assets, they simply don't make the trade, simple as that. Houston isn't desperate, they had the 3rd best record in basketball last season and just added Chris Paul. If they don't get Melo they will simply continue on being one of the best teams in the NBA

Bottom line, the Knicks can sit on their hands and keep Melo, continuing a culture of bad management and mistreating players, or they can take whatever Houston offers.

9. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

man im sick of this, i know the players on the rockets respect ariza and everything. But how about we just give the knicks what they want and include travor with ryno with picks. And then sign unrestricted free-agent shabazz muhammad to small contract

RocketFan and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  10. photojoe

photojoe Member

The problem with that, from NY's perspective, is they are clearly and publicly trying to do a youth movement rebuild.

Having Melo for the Rockets makes sense- he would be the 2nd or 3rd option on a win now team.

Having a 33 year old Carmelo, who would take up a lot of minutes and a lot of shots and still try to be the #1 guy, makes no sense for a team going through a rebuild. Especially if Melo really is unhappy there and had any kind of bitterness toward NY for them not dealing him.

That doesn't mean they should just take any crappy deal they are offered but there are very real negatives for NY to keep Melo. And since they gave him the no trade clause it makes it much more complicated for them

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  11. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

Bro nobody gives a **** about you you fairy little queer

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wow...that's just distasteful. This is where people need to walk away.

Streets 01 likes this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Reported

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

8==============D

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

if you're gonna continue using this idiot a$$ argument, you need to address my posts to you. You're clearly making assumptions that are unrealistic. The fact that you don't understand the superficiality of this argument proves you know nothing about statistics, point drivers, or player/team strategy management.

I've made responses to your arguments multiple times, and you've dodged good quality questions that challenege your view.

Now maybe you haven't had time. You're so busy as a successful star. But you've been able to respond to others since so I must assume your time restraints aren't that restrictive. I wanna know what you think about the issues I've brought up with you in previous posts. Otherwise, you are proving you're just a fanboy with no true understanding of sports.

jch1911 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Wonder if silence is a good thing?

Calm before the storm?

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Carmelo Anthony keeping championship hopes alive as Knicks and Rockets continue ongoing trade talks

Tfor3, RocketFan and DonKnock like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

After the f*n disrespect, trashing, and tarnishing the whole Knicks org from ownership to front office did to Melo, why the hell should Melo would do a favor to NY? They should consider themseleves lucky Melo is open to being traded to even 1 single team.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well no, you're wrong.

Unless of course you think players don't talk, and the treatment of Melo by NY won't be the immediate topic of conversation on every free agent's mind as soon as they're told NY is interested for the near future.

Sorry, I should have said 'star' free agent.

I'm sure the Knicks will be just fine attracting subpar drexlerfan-type quality NBA players and giving them $70,000,00 contracts. Say, like any of the current Blazer players when they hit free agency.

Kyrie Irving is under contract too. Guess what, he's getting traded. Crazy right? It's almost like people who run these organisations think having a disgruntled star to pollute the remainder of the roster is a bad thing. I know. Crazy right?

He's under contract too. I can't believe it either.

Their new GM did what any GM would, by doing his due diligence and asking Melo to open up his list. And Melo has refused. Because he's probably in the shower somewhere singing Houston's on my mind - his face may even be blue too!

And guess what, as soon as their new GM was no doubt told to kindly BTFO and go do his job, it was reported talks with the Rockets recommenced.

Amazing that their new GM didn't just conclude his best course of action is to keep Melo - because after all he is under contract you know - but instead got back in touch with the Rockets to no doubt hear the same trade offer again.

That's what's changed since all then. You should probably do a little research into how the NBA works.

Remember Paul George? He's arguably a better player than Melo. His old GM's job was to obtain assets and not to appease a diva. Can you remind me again the really good assets he got in that deal?

It's almost like that GM concluded his best course of action was to get whatever package he could get and cut ties with a player who wouldn't be happy in the locker room, infecting other players with scepticism and negative views.

Crazy right?

20. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I still don't get what Portland can give NYK besides Harkless. His salary doesn't match. Anything else they through in is crap.
    They can give up Collins? I don't think they want too
    Nurkic? Doubt it.
    What else on the the roster would NYK want?
    No Leonard. He is worse than RA. RA is a good player with a bad contract. ML is a bad player with a bad contract (truly toxic).

I just don't see that trade scenario being better than trading RA.

DonKnock likes this.