1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Houston seeking available point guards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Oct 20, 2017.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This is my thought process. Players don't decline in an offseason barring major injury (which this is not one)

It's quite troubling thinking this could be like Dwightmare though... one prime year then a steep decline. But Dwight had one talent and that was jumping... Paul is literally a point god. I think if he loses some explosiveness he'll still be elite just because of his skillset.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Deron Williams 100%. I would have given you other names before this injury, but Deron is the right guy. Solid three point man, averages 8 assists per 36 so he's obviously a willing passer still. He's the right guy. Plus, we'd have the best 2 point guards from the 2005 draft class together. He's a smart player. Can't go wrong with too many basketball brains that know how to be coached.

3. Fantasma Negro

Jameer Nelson is 35 ****ing years old, Deron Williams has been a streaming pile of dog **** for four seasons what the **** are you people ****ing talking about? We might as well dig up Steve Nash's corpse as well lol. Monta Ellis is the best option and if Morey and Harden can't get him have Nene text Barbosa to get his Benjamin Button ass down to H-Town and I'll holla

Dankstronaut, BigggReddd and Fulgore like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How about a point forward?

How about basketball champion Royce White?

5. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I saw him at the little Walmart Marketplace just down the street from my house in Shadow Creek Ranch in Pearland during Hurricane Harvey. I think he must live in the neighborhood. I'm sure he'd love to just drive up 288 from his house to play again. I'd be down.

D-rock likes this.
  6. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

Lol is there a backstory to this?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

I like the guy, but this is a passing team. Ball movement has been huge so far. Even Capela is moving the ball around this year.

Canaan doesn't fit in because the last time he was playing point guard regularly, he shot 3.5 times per assist.

For comparison (shots/assist ratio):

Harden.................1.69
    Chris Paul............1.41
    Deron Williams....1.67

Obviously Deron is there because I prefer him for this spell without CP3, but the style argument is there. Canaan is a shooter first.

D-rock, HakeemOnlyFan and s3ts like this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

9. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think Deron Williams could be a decent fit. His 3 pt shooting with Cleve last year was over 40%.

10. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Monta is the answer!!

Can penetrate to the basket at will! Good playmaker and scorer when the Rockets go through their bullshit scoring droughts! Do it Morey!

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Whoever it is that guy needs to stay to help even when CP3 gets back

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Meh.

Honestly they may have thought it was day to day. He played opening night even. I suspect that it just hasn't gotten better as quickly as they would like and have decided to be cautious. Two weeks really isn't very long and the 4 week number is the high end.

Honestly I am glad they are shutting him down and not doing what the did with Harden a few years ago and letting an injury linger and get worse.

Deuce, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Bell hop as well. Carries Harden’s bag(s)

14. anchel

anchel Member

What I would prioritize is defense and playmaking, above a very high 3PT%. If the guy fits well, he's going to be confortable and will make a respectable % of threes. But we need him to be solid defensively (Harden and Gordon, the other guards, are not) and we need him to get into the paint and move the defense.

More an Ish Smith or Isaiah Taylor than a Canaan. Anyway, if Morey doesnt find the FIT, he will get the best player available.

#74 anchel, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

3-5 weeks for bumping knees with chalmers? riiiight

there's obviously more going on with that knee they haven't made public. a bruise does not take 3-5 weeks to heal up

16. don grahamleone

steaming pile of dogshit:

playoff pile of dogshit:

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yeah, except for the facts that Monta Ellis is a cancer and Barbosa is like a forking mummy who played in a Jet Li movie.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually if George Foreman the boxer was named Jameer then he'd have five sons named Jameer. tru dat home George Foreman skillet

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Too much controversies for any team to handle with a mentally sicked White man, we already have one to deal with everyday.

20. s3ts

s3ts Member

Man, I'm split on Deron. Last I saw him play he was terrible. Just sour. I'm all in if he can bring it but I haven't seen him do well since that first season in Brooklyn.

Saw korzemba on YouTube made a vid on him about that. Sad story.

don grahamleone likes this.