1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Houston plans to pursue Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Right, they can offer their 2015 pick and that's all up until 2019. They also traded three second round picks to the Jazz last summer.

3. gregas

gregas Member

It doesn't matter, somebody is going to throw a slew of first rounders at the wolves and they'll end up taking that offer. If they trade Love they're heading for a total rebuild, seeking young project players and lottery picks.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol. Perfect

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden has already been traded once. He can be traded again. You are the one who need to get over your butt hurt-ness and see Harden for what he is.

6. FeaR

FeaR Member

I see you for what you are. Does it count ?

7. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

I like your posts, but why are you stooping low enough to even respond to obvious bad trolling.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Harden isn't going anywhere. We're looking to create a big 3, not replace one of our big 2. This should be painfully obvious to even the most oblivious fans.

1 person likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Asik and Lin to Boston

Love, Budinger and Faverani to Houston.

Humphries, Jones, Parsons, Celtics 2014 17th overall 1st Rd pick, Rockets 2014, 2015 first Rd pick and multiple Rockets 2nd Rd picks to Minnesota.

I think that's the best possible package for the Timberwolves.

Humphries is expiring, so they only really get back 2.5 million in cap while they are trading roughly 20 million in cap. So, with their own couple of expiring players this off season they will have roughly 10 million free in cap space. So they could make a run at Deng, Monroe or somebody this off season.

Along with that they would be getting two 2014 first Rd picks - # 25 and 17, then our 2015 first Rd pick and multiple 2nd Rd picks. They can easily flip those for a lottery pick.

To top it off they then get two very good, young, and cheap players in Parsons and Jones.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Now you know the reason we kept McHale fellas.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because Carl Herrera is ACTUALLY one of the few good posters we have here and since this forum is slowly becoming a cesspool of idiocy he needs someone to slap some sense into him.

For whatever reason, he falls into these idiotic side tangents (See Patrick Patterson last year) and now this moronic Harden sucks tangent this summer, which derail good basketball discussion and leads to this:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=254756
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=254772
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=254708

2 people like this.
  12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Last Summer was the best off season drama I can ever remember, since it happened.
    I will be equally enthralled this year. sic'em Murry

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

The Florida meeting was all about this

Les was like "alright Kevin, get us Love, and you can keep your job"

14. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

If Morey acquires the best player available three offseasons in a row, will he finish higher than #5 in the Executive of the Year vote? No, probably not.

15. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Because the team will most likely get bounced in the first round again?

16. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

You're right because regular season awards are decided based on playoff success. Also, the Rockets should build around Jeremy Lin.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yup. Posted this thread earlier saying the exact same thing. This is why you keep McHale while he's under contract. His best asset to the Rockets is his offseason recruiting -- NOT his in-game coaching as we can obviously tell.

Losing Sampson hurt us big time, so hopefully Mike Brown or whoever takes over as the lead assistant doesn't leave us next year.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

oh great and mighty woj

19. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Can we get 1 during the season as well as their bird rights? Example, we trade for Love without the extension. Then we sign Melo to a max deal straight up. Then use Bird rights to sign Love to an extension? Idk if that will work. I'm sure a lot of people smarter than me put something in the cba to prevent that.

20. downbytheriver

Classic Morey move would be using McHale to recruit Love, firing McHale midway through the season, and still losing in the first round.

As much as I like Love, Rondo/Lowry are more pressing needs. anyways if I were Minnesota, Houston doesn't have anything outside of Harden/Howard that's enough. Would need to be 3rd team involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.