1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] For Jeremy Lin, a jagged journey back to Houston gives him reason to trust again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Nov 14, 2012.

1. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Then may I say you are not a true fan of him. period.

2. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Dude you are Asian. Who da hell told japanese are not Asian? You ate from Asia- that is one of the dumbest statements I heard in my adult life. SMDH

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I cross my fingers and I do hope so.

4. raspar

raspar Member

That's the equivalent of saying someone born in brazil is American. Just because their country is in the continent of south AMERICA. The amount of ignorance you display is amazing. That is one of the most ignorant statements I've heard in my adult life, and I've met a ton of racists.

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

You keep telling yourself that.

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

No, it's like a Brazilian denying that he's a South American, or a Latin American.

Or an Italian denying that he's a European.

Or a Nigerian denying that he's an African.

It's an utterly bizarre statement that reeks of weird identity issues.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Im happy that Lin is in Houston instead of NY. Even though some fans in Houston can be very judgmental, it is far better than all the spot light in NY. In Houston, he have a chance to grow his game and also as a player. In the limelight of NY, the expectations are just ridiculous.

Lin being able to play in Houston where none of his teammates really judge him but support him is great for a young growing PG. In NY, its hard to grow as a player when guys like J.R Smith bashing him because of how much he gets paid. That just shows you the type of person JR is. Its ridiculous that some other players would criticized about how much money Lin makes.

Those kind of things really baffles me. Lin saved NY from being a lottery team, play his heart out when given the chance and earn his contract. Even though the stint was short, he earned it. Given the fact that Lin's contract is not a max or anywhere near a max but just a mere average, it makes it even much worst for them to criticize that.

Right now the Knicks are playing well post Lin. Many people would believe that the Knicks are doing well because Lin is no longer there. I really feel like the Knicks are playing incredibly hard to show everyone they are better off without Lin, that they don't need him. They can criticized Lin and say that he is not good as Raymond Felton. I believe that Lin had such an effect on them that they are the way they are today. Scouting Lin every game, waiting for the night when they face Lin and hope to humiliate him to the whole world.

But that's the Knicks. They can be on fire but they will fall back down to earth. Guys like J.R Smith will start to shoot them out of games. Anthony will start playing Melo ball again. Guys like Jason Kidd and the other 40+ will start dropping into the injury list. They can kid themselves into believing that they are just as good as the Heat. That they are a much better team without Lin. But at the end, Lin does not need the Knicks as much as they need him. A guy that can hold them together, brings that youth excitement into the Garden.

Lin may be struggling with his shot lately, but he is still a young player trying to find his ways in the NBA. This young Rockets team are growing together, improving each and every game. Lin and the Rockets will go through tough times and good times. That's the pain of a growing process. But this Rockets team never looked brighter.

1 person likes this.
  8. liunatic

liunatic Member

Not really sure how that was trolling at all. In fact, by reporting his post, you are perpetuating the very problem that he was trying to address...

and yea, just because the crap that Jeremy Lin deals with isnt at the same level of Jackie Robinson doesn't make it right. What it does prove is that racism and inequality still exists, which is the very basis of this thread. I don't seem to understand why people just keep overlooking that.

I could care a rats ass about how much worse jackie robinson has it, what I do care about is how this type of inequality and racism STILL EXISTS. Just as well, how many other players in ANY pro sport deals with being called racial slurs every single game???

9. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

This is very simple. He can become everything the posters say. All he has to do is win. No wins and he will be forgotten. Give us a championship and he will be the most famous man in the world and Times cover boy for most influential man of the year. Win, win and win. That is all.

10. CCM721

CCM721 Member

You really think Lin gets called racial slurs every single game?

11. liunatic

liunatic Member

You must not have traveled very much in your life. Either that or you aren't open-minded enough to understand that people identify themselves differently than how you want to pigeon-hole them in your mind.

12. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Great post, wish could double rep.

13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

For some weird reason, I'm enjoying the discussion about this. As far as I can tell, Japanese view themselves as superior to all other races, including and especially Asians. They also have their own way of viewing history (such as the slaughters and genocide they committed in China and the atrocities they committed in Korea). At the same time, I think it is refreshing that a Japanese comes out and says that he is not Asian, because that is honestly how he views himself. The way that others view Japan, though, is different. Americans obviously view Japanese as Asian. Heck, Americans often view someone who came here yesterday from Vietnam roughly the same as a Chinese American who has been here for 4 generations. Koreans view Japanese as islanders who are always trying to steal land because they are stuck on a little island.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

So saying that someone is unable to be smart and hardworking because of their genetic makeup is not trolling? He just said Obama's stupid and lazy because he's black. :rolleyes:

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I'm glad you are standing up for yourself. Getting reported just because you cited similarities between Lin and Robinson should get you mad. That said, I think the poster who cited more similarities between Lin and Warren Moon had a good point.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Every single game? Does that sound like an exaggeration to you?? How about multiple times in every single game by both the opposing players as well as fans? Would that be an overexaggeration?

Does it make you feel more validated if he only gets called racial slurs every other game? Or every 5 games? Does that make it less racial discrimination in your mind?

Silly.

In any case, it looks like Royce White is not the only guy with trust issues on this team. It is very positive that Lin has sincere respect, even trust, in McHale. Not to the level of his affection for D'Antoni but it appears significant and genuine. I am curious as to how he perceives Sampson.

17. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

What an interesting and timely article. His relationship with McHale (and assuming a similar one to the assistants) is very telling. Glad he has that support, considering he has remained close to his HS and college coaches.

As for the LOFs worried about Lin being marginalized on the floor I think this article should allay those fears. What is clear is that Lin showed great progress during the preseason, starting out rusty and slow but improving towards that 10/12/5 game against the Grizzlies. He was definitely being primed for floor general duties.

But Harden coming onboard changed all that, and Sampson is right. 7 games in, this new team is still going through a rebooted training camp. There are a lot of games yet to be played and the improvement in the last 2 games alone hold much promise.

As for the Knicks ... look at who they played so far. The Heat gave them a Hurricane Sandy charity game. Then the played against the Bynum-less Sixers twice. Then the Nowitzki-less Mavs. And of course the stripped down Magic. We'd be 5-0 too in their place.

When the Knicks meet the Spurs and Grizzlies next, expect their hype to fall back down to Earth bigtime. At least Lin was able to win 7-0 without the services of Melo and Amar'e, with basically the bench at the time.

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

In the context of the question he was asking, yes it does matter in my mind. Does it make it any less wrong? no.

19. mirus

mirus Member

haha now i know why they r so mad

20. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

Nice read. Thanks for posting.