1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ]Celtics engaged with HOU about Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

That’s the funny part about all of this. Russ, Harden Gordon, Rivers, Ben, and we have people who want to add another small guard. Lmaoooo

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It’s not a weasel move. Tillman is desperate to shed salary so he there isn’t a reason to give him any more than that. No reason to give away good assets to someone that doesn’t care about winning. I’m sure some team will bleed us of our draft picks at some point to get duck the tax even farther. Tillman has already shown what he’s about.

HP3 likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dafuq is that....?

4. malakas

malakas Member

Thank you very much J.Rkipedia. =) You are amazing!

So pretty much what the Boston guys are saying.

Well.I don't expect a trade with Boston to go down anyway unless Tilman interferes.

No way there is a compromise made between Morey and Ainge. They both will be trying to steal from each other until the deadline is over

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I trust Smart to be a competent three-point shooter and an elite defender in the Rockets’ defensive scheme. His playmaking ability is an added bonus, too.

If Danny Ainge isn’t willing to include Smart or Hayward in a deal for Capela, then Daryl Morey should hang up the phone immediately.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Celtics rumor roundup: The latest news ahead of the NBA trade deadline

Clint Capela. –AP Photo/David Zalubowski

Nicole Yang, Staff Writer
    updated at 4:06 PM

The NBA trade deadline is Thursday, Feb. 6 at 3 p.m.

Here are the latest rumors:

Monday, February 3
    • ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday afternoon the Celtics are among the teams “engaged” in trade talks for Houston Rockets center Clint Capela. Wojnarowski reported Sunday evening the Rockets are “actively discussing several trade scenarios” with “a host of Eastern Conference franchises.” According to Wojnarowski, those scenarios include three-way trade possibilities that involve the Rockets flipping Capela for the draft assets needed to acquire “an impact wing player.” Capela, 25, is in his sixth NBA season, averaging 13.9 points and 13.8 rebounds per game. Should the Celtics trade for Capela, ESPN’s Bobby Marks says they would need to send out $10 million of salary in the deal. During an episode “The Lowe Post” podcast, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst speculated Boston’s package would include Daniel Theis, Vincent Poirier, Romeo Langford, and a first-round pick.
    • Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported Monday morning Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson is available. According to Haynes, the Cavaliers are in “asset accumulation mode.”

D-rock and malakas like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sorry media, not in the business of just giving Clint away. (but maybe Tilman is)

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As to value, it should be Hayward.

#108 Plowman, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    D-rock and xiki like this.
  9. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

You should also trust him to make you shake your head a lot. Like most Cs fans. Lol

10. Nook

Nook Member

Information Windhorst receives from the Rockets? NONE

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's fairly pointless to speculate on who Boston's trading for Capela because whatever it is most will be sent to Minnesota for Covington.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Blehh..I feel disgusted even having to deal with the Boston media and fans.

And disgusted that I have to defend the reputation of Marcus Smart one of the worst floppers in the league who I despise.

Hopefully we will do a deal with the Hawks and soon so I don't see their propaganda.

BigMaloe, Louka, slothy420 and 4 others like this.
  13. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Pretty much! All this for Covington. Smh

14. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont want Boston's garbage to flip a pick for Iggy, it better be Iggy and Covington if this is gonna go down.

joshuaao, clutchdabear and Greedydex like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Iggy is older than Melo now.

D-rock likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If you watch any player long enough, he will do things that make you shake your head. I’m not saying Marcus Smart is a star, but rather a P.J. Tucker-like defender with the ability to create off the dribble and make plays for others.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Its debatable, both of them are very good. I just prefer Covington for his size. We are very guard heavy.

18. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

We have Russ and James, I’d rather he just catch and shoot. Lol

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  19. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

He looked old and bad in the finals too.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Feels like either Kanter or Theis, filler, and a first rounder. That would not be good value and Houston fans would have every right to be pissed depending upon what else went down.