1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Carmelo Anthony open to waiving no-trade clause for Rockets or Cavaliers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2017.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Gotta think David Griffin wouldn't be too keen on helping the team that canned him. Hopefully NY hires him.

#21 Fullcourt, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    seeingred, BigMaloe, split41 and 4 others like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's Anderson(3years/60 million) vs Smith(3years/42 million) and Shumpert(2years/21 million).

So not much to work with from either team.

Why not? likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

but we already knew this!!! everyone knows that he would waive the no trade clause for houston or cleveland. the issue is whether or not the knicks would want to trade him to us for anything we have lol.

the knicks are in control, not him. we've known since we got cp3 that he'd be willing to waive his no trade clause if the knicks agreed to trade him to us, we just never got it officially confirmed until now.

BigMaloe, Ozzy, Zboy and 3 others like this.
  4. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

If GM Lebron really wants Melo, he'll offer Love who the Knicks can easily find a 3rd team for prospects/picks.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. Voltik

Voltik Member

How would Cavs former GM impact Melo trade, if employed by knicks? I hope he blocks any Cavs deal but likely would just accept the best offer from either Cavs or Rox.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we need to keep Capela and Gordon. I do not want Melo at the expense of giving up either of those guys; would rather just stick with Ryan Anderson.

7. Sanity2disChaos

Unless love is going to the knickers, I don't see them getting him and the knicks are crazy if they don't start a rebuild NOW. I hate Anderson and his stupid ass contact is the primary reason we are stagnant.

bilaal14 likes this.
  8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

What about KLuv?

9. baubo

baubo Member

If the Cavs offered Love we have no shot. Otherwise they can't really offer much that the Knicks would find appealing.Not to mention Melo is more like a 4 rather than a 3 at this point may result in questionable fit.

Well, we'll see how it goes but i think it's 50/50 shot he comes.

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Knicks can easily find a 3rd team for Love. Is GM Lebron willing to deal KLove for his bff?

And another thing. David Griffin absolutely loves KLove (did not want to deal him for PG). So keeping him if offered is not out of the question.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not this again, can we please not wait on this loser and NYK to drag things out.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think the Cavs would be idiots to trade Love for Melo. I don't see it happening.

split41 likes this.
  13. Lightsnowaction

Come on Melo, pick Houston! If not, Cavs with Love.

14. Lightsnowaction

We need a 3rd star, I'm willing to wait.

bilaal14 and mockster like this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

I'm paranoid cavs will offer klove for Melo but it wouldn't make much sense on their part considering they would just be star swapping for an older Melo

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Sounds like Melo is tired of sitting on his thumbs. He's telling the Knicks to put up or shut up.

I still find it incredibly difficult to figure out a trade that makes the Knicks happy.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If Lebron and the cavs want Melo they will get him to appease Lebron. If Lebron decides not to knowing that he will end up with the Rockets it could possibly mean he plans to go to the Rockets next season.

Hold on tight Rocket people.

bilaal14 likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 and Bobby Brown will get this done, I'm not even worried

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Finding a taker for Ryan Anderson & supplying "assets" to New York.

I don't think Cleveland would trade Love for Carmelo (how long has that been rumored for?) and I don't think New York would want Love, just as they don't want Anderson. I don't think they'd trade Love to a third team either for Carmelo.

Cleveland, in their ideal world, gets him via buyout. And I guess Houston too for that matter.

Neither team has much to offer. No, J.R. Smith & Iman Shumpert aren't going back to New York.

Now if Phil Jackson was still running things, good chance a deal could be had but alas...

In the unlikely scenario he is bought out, I've always thought it was Cleveland. (Woj said Cleveland has remained a preferred destination.)

Richie_Rich, Zboy and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

If they can find a reasonable taker for Anderson this deal is going to get done. Would probably cost Anderson, Onuaku, and a 1st or something to that effect