1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Butler Willing to Expand List if Wolves Can Make a Deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Sep 19, 2018.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Can't shoot.

If he can learn to shoot, it's game over. Until then he's a second or third option on a title team.

I wouldn't take George over Giannis because of that. I'd take the risk that he eventually learns to shoot.

But for a one year push at a title I'm taking George.

YOLO likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

Ppl don't understand, Butler's plan is too become a Hollywood celebrity. He has no intention on competing for a championship. He's bff's w/ Mark Walberg & has made it clear he wants to act. What better place than NY or LA? Basketball isn't his main priority

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

boo this man!!!

(not htg, but butler)

BigggReddd likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We have our own (superior) Onion

6. BackdoorHarden

Iggy, Bell, Jones, and 3 1st round pick for Jimmy? Then they have 6 All Stars????!!!!

7. MultipleSauces

No thanks to Jimmy’s butler . GORdon and tucker give us more value than a maxed butler whom will likely have a leg injury since he came back early and Thibs ran him into the ground . And also He’s gonna go in FA to LA anyway he’s an idiot and not a true Houstonian he doesn’t have the heart of a champion like Rudy T boom !!!roasted

Jontro likes this.
  8. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Gordon is making $13 mill right now until next season. An extra $2 million isn’t that much more. Ariza got $15 million and was only making between $6-$8 million, that’s a huge increase.
    There are guys making way more than Gordon and aren’t half as good. It’s about what fits your system and not who you can one up with superstars .

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What’s funny about that if true, is dude lacks the personality to become a star. I just don’t see it.

Jontro likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Curry not in tier 1?

This whole list is flawed

Vivi and Nook like this.
  11. BigMaloe

The true top 3 tiers is...

T1. Lebron, kd, harden, curry
    T2. AD, giannis, (healthy)Kawhi, (healthy)cp3
    T3. Butler, pg13, lillard, westbrook, kyrie, draymond
    T4. McCollum, DeRozan, klay, etc...

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Before his trade wishes, 100% Butler. After wishlist and wanting to play only big city. 0% for Butler and his immaturity. Wannabe Lebron, if Lakers didn't have Lebron. Butler would jump to the Lakers like Harden going to @#$@##$#@

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Nice list.
    I think you have to put AD and (healthy) Kawhi tier one. They are both 2 way monsters.

burlesk likes this.
  14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

PG's lack of playoff heart, and the fact that he is one of the worst clutch players in the NBA give JB a slight advantage in my opinion.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I wouldn't put Kawhi just yet since we haven't seen him since his injury and outside of that San Antonio machine. He was Tier 1 prior to the injury.

Actually having a Tier 1.5 and having Kawhi and AD in there makes sense. AD is a monster but his teams haven't had great success at all. Last year they advanced, but I think not a lot of credit was given to the guard play from Rondo and Jrue. I think AD makes that leap this year though.

I think having Butler would be great on this team and I dont what his relationship is with players we have but he would be the clear 3rd dog on this team behind Harden and Paul. Would he be willing to accept that? I think he would rather be on a team of vets instead of mentoring young guys but he would be third in line here. Maybe some nights 4th if Melo is on fire (ok this could be very rare). I don't know how much of his attitude is from guys not wanting to compete as hard as him and how much is him just actually being a douchebag.

burlesk, heypartner and BigMaloe like this.
  16. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Dude just needs to focus on basketball while he's in his athletic prime. If he wants to be more marketable, help a team win a championship. The endorsements and movie/TV opportunities will follow.

17. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

T1. Lebron. KD

T2 (far from T1). AD
    T3. Giannis, Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Kawhi

18. BigMaloe

Kawhi was tier 1 but all this injury stuff slides home down. Cp3 was tier 3 but hes older and injury prone also.

As for Davis, he just doeant translate to absolute tier 1 success. Harden dragged prigioni, t jones and old man Terry to the wcf. AD, while ever so talented, just doesnt have that type of impact yet.

Same with giannis. They are as close to tier 1 as you can get but they're dominance just hasn't led to success like the top 4 guys.

Butler, is in the 3rd tier. He was amazing last year. Really. MVP candidate with how he transformed that team while on it vs off it.

I'm not so sure he would be 3rd dog. Maybe 3rd in command, 3rd alpha, but had probably be the #2 guy on this team.

Cp3 imo would be throttled way back especially during the season. Not only that, cp3 has absolutely no problem playing defense and setting up the offense and not scoring much.

Harden would still get like 28/6/6
    Butler would probably get 24/5/2
    Cp3 would be more around 14/4/9

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

Righttt....... because AD is so dominate he can carry teams to the 12th pick. People dont understand the actual value in winning.

Harden and curry have lead teams deep into the playoffs. So have lebron and kd. No one else other than a healthy kawhi and cp3 from a few years ago.

If you wanna be fickle you could go

T1. Lebron
    T2. Kd
    T3. Harden , curry
    T4. Ad, giannis, (healthy)Kawhi, (healthy cp3)

justtxyank and mikol13 like this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like the list, but I'm not sure why you have Draymond Green so high? If you put him on any other team without all those shooters, he'd look like an average player with above average defense but because he's on the Warriors somehow his skillset is more valuable? He's a glorified role player and if he's sent packing history will agree.

clutchdabear and BaselineFade like this.