1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  2. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

He did look like he was past his prime, it's pretty evident. Just saying "he averaged a triple double" doesn't mean anything.

Jason Kidd was 33/34 when he has his closest seasons to averaging a tripble double. Those were seasons when the Nets had box out expert big men like Jason Collins who didn't care about grabbing the rebounds themselves. Kidd was still past his prime, despite having career years in RPG and averaging 9-10 apg. Looking like you are past your prime doesn't mean bad.

You said Westbrook is a superstar, and the reality is that he did not have superstar impact in the regular season last year, and not even close in the post-season. So that is a concern. Now, he might be better off in the Rockets system and have a better year, but that is future projection and does not say anything about the fact that he's had a decline in shooting, all forms of efficiency and all measures of impact over the last 2 seasons.

If you look at his individual Ortg for example, just to have an idea of his overall offensive efficiency, his first two seasons, 99 and 105. Then from his third season, it averaged 111 Ortg, with a range from 108-115 Ortg. Two seasons ago it dropped to 109, but that's not bad, just fluctuation, then last season it dropped to 105.

It is a concern, but because of his atrocious FT shooting last season, which IMO can't possibly continue, I think that will help him bounce back if that get's back to normal. He's still a very boom or bust guy in the playoffs, and his playoff efficiency even at his best is questionable, and that's with either Durant+Harden, Durant alone, or Paul George on his team all but one season. So that's a concern, but the surrounding team as long as he doesn't shoot too much can help alleviate his inefficiency and maximize his good traits.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Harden knew exactly what we needed to do.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Mauryy f&$-); did something for a change ;)

#545 BHannes2BHonest, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I like that Westbrook will put actual pressure on defenses.

Cp3 just didn’t do that this past season.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Post of the Day!!!!

AB gets it, man.

8. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Is that you Chris?

amaru likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

How many conference finals did Paul make before coming to Houston?

SWTsig likes this.
  10. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Harden is happy now. He was also happy when CP3 first came. Obviously if they can win together, everything is roses. If the chemistry goes south or Russ gets injured, Harden will still bolt as superstars tend to do. The fact that he pushed for the arrangement won't change anything.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

I see CP3 negotiate a buy-out and going back to LA to join one of the LA teams.

Luke_The_Duke likes this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

It's going to be awkward assigning one of our players to guard Westbrook to try and stop him from shooting....;)

hakeem94, richterman and Williamson like this.
  13. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

It's hard, but do I think we are better now? Yes. With Russ instead of CP3 last year, we would have won the championship again

14. SORF

SORF Member

Hmmm....wonder if Chris Paul is heading back to LA?

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not only can I not enjoy this - I'm so bummed about it I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to enjoy the Rockets again. I'm seriously questioning my fandom for the first time after 35 years of it being an all consuming passion. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Add too that that Paul is a known a** himself. This is a good move.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

So glad Paul is gone!

18. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

Best case scenario, this turns out like the Jason Terry signing, I hated jet with a passion and then grew to like him being on the team. Hopefully, Westbrook being here turns out the same way. But my god, we live in a world where Russel Westbrook is a Rocket..........unless Adam Silver nixes the deal.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would look into that EG for Covington trade now. Not enough ball to go around with the dribble twins.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member