1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Batum traded to Charlotte

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ivenovember, Jun 24, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

30 teams and only one cheke. What are teams to do?

1 person likes this.
  2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This is what I assumer you are referring to.....
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am told the <a href="https://twitter.com/hornets">@hornets</a> will also end up with Jeremy Lamb in a separate deal involving Matt Barnes' contract. Barnes isn't going to OKC.</p>&mdash; Rick Bonnell (@rick_bonnell) <a href="https://twitter.com/rick_bonnell/status/613849587506397184">June 24, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

100% agree. It's not trading Batum that's telling; it's what they got in return.

They could've gotten someone more ready to contribute than Vonleh. Hendo isn't terrible, but not worth that trade. The only way it makes a little sense with LMA staying is if they have no interest in resigning Matthews and were fed up with Batum's inconsistency.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Trading for Vonleh...is almost akin to what the Blazers did acquiring Thomas Robinson...some people never learn.

Feel bad for the Blazer fans, but LMA has been patient with this team...Quite similar to Chris Bosh's career. I can totally see him join a team that is built to win now.

I just dont see how Love leaves such a good situation in Cleveland playing with the best player in the game. Kyrie, Love and Lebron just need to remain healthy for post season success...But in the off chance KLove does move elsewhere, LMA will quickly move in.

A lot of what happens this offseason is dependent on what Kevin Love does during the FA.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Any chance Charlotte trafes the 9th pick?

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Sorry trades.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

MJ was talking about acquiring Kaminsky and now with Vonleh gone, I guess he can. Might still try to dangle Zeller in trade talks.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Blazers salary dumping in order to free up money to sign a max wing player to entice LMA to stay?

If the Rockets had gotten inviolved instead with Pap, Prig, & Jones...

MLE, Terry
    Harden, Brewer
    Ariza, Batum
    DMo, Smith
    Howard, Capela

Batum's an expiring contract too.

9. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Great moves for Charlotte. Lamb and Batum give them some offensive punch on the wing that they've really lacked. Two guys that can shoot it will really open things up.

Also, reuniting Kemba and Lamb is kind of cool.

They could definitely go small at times and excel with Kemba-Lamb-Batum-MKG-Zeller (Maybe Hawes or Al there)

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Bizarre move if it happens because Donovan should be able to develop Lamb - doubt we have scene his ceiling - and if Barnes does go to OKC not sure why they would trade him as that would be the perfect scenario (vet team with elite scorers) where Barnes can make an impact

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Blazers didn't make deal as first step of rebuilding. Aldridge was aware of trade, and Blazers did deal independent of free agency.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/613849132596363265">June 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"We are trading Batum." - Blazers

"For whom?" - LMA

"Trash" - Blazers

"Why are you telling me this?" - LMA

"We want you to be aware that this deal is independent of free agency" - Blazers

[​IMG]

Yeah.....that move sure inspires confidence if I am LMA.

Blazers are not fooling anyone.

12. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Don't believe Barnes will be going to OKC.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nothing exciting about that lineup

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dunno. MKG is one of the best defenders in the league and Kemba could have a breakout year some day.

Batum is another plus defender too...

15. Ns575

Ns575 Member

W W W WWWOOOJJJJBBBOOOOMMMBBBBB *bass kicks in*

16. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I disagree, but I kind of love watching every game regardless so that might cloud my judgement a little.

MKG is one of the best defenders in the league. Batum is a flashy Swiss Army knife at his best. Kemba is just so fun with the mad handles and creativity on the ball. Lamb is sort of an unknown commodity, and I bet he's better than what we've seen in OKC with Brooks not really giving him a shot. Zeller's kind of blah. The only thing exciting about him is seeing if he makes a big jump forward this year.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/MWE1LlL7tP2/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

18. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Their roster really does feel like a poor man's GSW (minus the key vet benh players), IMO, and in the East, that's pretty darn good.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Is that right... Let me get back to you <a href="https://t.co/jzSplbrYxd">https://t.co/jzSplbrYxd</a></p>&mdash; Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/613856302331228160">June 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I thought Vonleh was a decent prospect? Maybe I'm wrong. Haven't really followed him since entering the NBA.