1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Austin Rivers returns to Rockets on 2 year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im certain Morey will take care of Austin next year .. thats huge and shows what true teamwork is all about (cough cough Chris Paul cough cough) hell even KD and Kyrie took less just so they could be sure to have Deandre, theres something to be said for not gutting your team for every red cent possible.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i am! that was reported as i was posting lol. things move quickly. no time to post anymore!

xaos likes this.
  3. realonemo

realonemo Member

I truly think you have to strike early in free agency more than ever. Depth is key deep in the playoffs. Signing guys like Luc late in the game or waiting for buyout guys is not ideal imo.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow that's crazy generous by Rivers, what a nice young fellow. We should be damn lucky he's doing this. Way to sacrifice, we are not worthy though! Morey and Tilman better get him 1st class, VIP and special free gifts and **** throughout his stint here :)

D-rock, jcf and xaos like this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He’s young we need to honor that and pay him.

If you guys remember when he was the 2nd and 3rd guard when either cp3 or Gordon we’re out he avg like 17 ppg with good d and decent playmaking.

When he’s getting 25-30 min a night he can get u 15+ and 3-4 assist with good D.

This was a steal and shows everyone that players do value winnings and that they do like the organization.

Rivers is a rich kid also his family has money so it’s easier for him to sacrifice money for a year for fit and the promise of long term bigger deal next year.

I wonder if houston has told him Gordon might be out the door.

Sign looney and trade eg and Clint for Klove?

It’s tempting if we can snag looney.

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

That was me. I like vet minimum, but I don't like that when I go to the YMCA twice a week, I'm still a better shooter than our PG. 53% FT Shooter.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but being homeless/poor meant JB never left Tomball much. Poor kid. Lol

JB doesn't know Houston. South Beach is hot and humid too btw

8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

If Rivers can work on his 3-pt shot he’d be a solid NBA player. He has the quickness to get by a lot of defenders and he’s a solid defensive player. Still, given that we run an offense that relies heavily on 3-pt shooting I’m disappointed we didn’t offer Q Cook. That kid shot 44% from beyond the arc last year and over 40% this year. So sick and tired of this GM!

9. HP3

HP3 Member

So.....whos back on the bandwagon. :D

MC31B and samtaylor like this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lock it up, this definitely doesn't fit the national medias agenda about the Rockets, hahha

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Great move, this is real run it back, I like Rivers to be on rockets for many reasons

Lurch and mikol13 like this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I would do a S&T for Marcus Morris for 3 years $42 million and ship Gordon off to Boston. Use the remaining MLE and BAE to throw at TJ McConnell and Noah Vonleh. Throw vet mins at Faried and Jamal Crawford

Capela/Faried
    Morris/Vonleh
    Tucker/House
    Harden/Rivers/Crawford
    Paul/McConnell

That starting five is pretty damn good *knocks on wood* when Paul is healthy.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  13. Fantasma Negro

Definitely Clint and another player (Gordon/Shump/ stack of ugs). If his minutes are managed properly he'll be fine for the playoffs. Let's not bubble wrap these guys, they're professional athletes

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Once we get looney it will all fall into place.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Lot of pressure at the YMCA level. Big spectators too.

MC31B and steddinotayto like this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

But is this enough for some actual threads to return to the site, or do we need to wait longer? The ratio of bad threads hits peak between end of playoffs and FA time...

18. amaru

amaru Member

pEoPlE dOn'T wAnT tO pLaY wItH hArDeN!

mikol13, CCity Zero, foggy94 and 2 others like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol okay because the Y and whatever competition you play against is comparable to the NBA.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It will have to be the buyout market. I'm convinced the NBA has black-balled the Rockets.