1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Article: Stay calm and Ah, screw it....PANIC!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stardog75, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

This article basically say nothing but "every sign points to Cleveland but Wade could've changed his mind". Good read but not anything enlightening.

3. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I think that Cavs were expecting a confirmation yesterday but never got the call is a pretty significant piece of news.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Sure it is, but this is the most important part:

Even with an explanation of where the team is headed, LBJ would not commit. There is basically nothing else that Riley and co can say or do to convince him. The Cavs have assembled a competitive package, and solely LBJ knows what his future holds.

There is no Ace in the hole, all the cards are laid out for him. I trust him to react based upon his heart and choose the Cavs

1 person likes this.
  5. Vienna Calling

Why is LeBron handling his free agency so terribly AGAIN?

6. conquistador#11

well he needs to talk to his family, then probably the church pastor, then his gardener enrique, then his side chicks, so in total I give it another 4 to 30 days.

1 person likes this.
  7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

At a certain point, no matter how strong the rumors are, no matter what other circumstances are in play...the Rockets have to start taking action, don't they?

I mean, we can't just let the Omer Asik deal fall through, and the Jeremy Lin deal fall through, and the Parsons matching deadline hit us unprepared with no other free agents signed while our precious cap space threatens to disappear overnight...all because of Lebron James can we?

It sounds like people fully expect him to make a decision before he leaves for Brazil tonight/Sat morning. But if he is doing this just to troll the rest of the league, why should he?

In the end all our fears are unwarranted. Morey isn't Rick Smith on draft day. He is completely prepared for any contingency, good or bad, and nothing that happens will surprise this franchise. Even then, the results are largely out of our hands, and can and will turn out better or worse. I suppose that is the scary part.

8. Entropy

Entropy Member

This is essentially Riley's gameplan. Spread misinformation around the league to screw over other teams trying to make deals, while he has all the room to operate in grabbing the free agents he wants. Then at the end Lebron will say he had a hard decision to make, but felt he had to stay with Miami when in fact it was the plan between him and Riley the whole time.

9. Raven

Raven Member

10. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Personally, I don't believe anything until I hear it from Shaun11.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

he's not gonna leave miami. No way he'd want the Cavs right now. A euroleague coach and a #1 overall pick are a project, not solid support

14. htown1984

htown1984 Member

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

It also says that while his agent was doing the negotiating, it was almost certaint he was going to the Cavs. Then Lebron took over and now it isn't as certain. To me, the fact he has been with Wade recently that Wade is still pitching. You are sport on about that and it concerns me.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

LeBron can't do right to some people. He makes a spectacle. He's an a-hole. He stays quiet, he's an a-hole. Bosh and Melo are grown men. How about they grow a pair and ****? LeBron will make his decision when he does.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

18. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Maybe I'm just naive, but I'm really annoyed by the apparent disconnect between Lebron and his agent. Why can't Lebron surround himself with representation who helps him execute his goals? First, there was the mind-bogglingly stupid PR nightmare of "The Decision" (gag). Now it seems you have an agent who's been egging on the Cavs when his client was really looking for a justification to stay with the Heat. It's pretty dysfunctional to permit your agent to do all this work up through Wednesday only to go in a completely different direction after that.

It's one thing if you think Riley had this compelling pitch on Wednesday that made Lebron change his mind. I doubt it - I think Lebron's always been inclined to stay in Miami but was disengaged until Wednesday when everyone said it was time to make a decision.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I can see Lebron genuinely conflicted, choosing between the unknown and the familiar is never easy. In Cleveland he has friends and family, he left them hugely disappointed, the team could be as good, possibly with Klove and/or Wiggins. In Miami he built his own team and is committed to the teammates he has been through the wars with but getting crushed in the final makes it look futile there, nothing left to gain.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't know what that has to do with this. But I'm pretty sure both his kids (the ones on his cell phone commercials) are from his current wife.

How is this being handled horribly.... AGAIN?....???

He's taking his time to make the right decision. We haven't heard anything about him going on national television to once again announce his decision.