1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Anthony Davis has requested trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lionaire, Jan 28, 2019.

1. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Smaller markets forever doomed

2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

You tank, draft #1 prospect if they turn out to be legit they’re gone regardless so where does the cycle end?

Dubious likes this.
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Damn the Lakers make too much sense for him not to go there. I wish the Rockets could nab him.

I still think GS or OKC could slip in too. I mean, if you're GS and offer picks, Green and something else NOP might listen. It's all in does NOP do right by AD and actually send him to a contender. He could also be sent to the east, what assets do the Heat have?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

The problem a lot of teams would've in this scenario is that the Pelicans should ask for long term assets, players like Klay, Draymond, but also Irving, CJ (just to name few i've just read)...these guys are all expiring or one year away from being able to bolt, and with big markets being players in free agency you know that's too big of a risk. I mean, they could trade Davis for CJ or Irving, just to see them bolt in a year for the Clippers or the Knicks. If they trade for a guy like Capela they know they have him locked on a (good) contract for 4 seasons.

rocks123, Pizza_Da_Hut and jcmoon like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they also can get cp3 and danuel with capela and they have an instant playoffs team for the next year both of them locked on 4 years contracts

so they can get 2 allstars for davis and 4 picks

do it morey!

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

House is definitely expendable, but i don't think we're trading CP3, and i don't really think NOLA would have interest tbh, even though you never know, but like i said, i don't think we're dumping CP3.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

My prediction is the 76ers if they give up Ben Simmons. That would easily be the best player any rumored team could give up in terms of highest ceiling. Plus he went to school at LSU

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

“Never underestimate the negotiations of a Morey”

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. sage281

sage281 Member

When the Knicks get Zion

whiskeyred likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not, they stay relevant , very relevant

cp3 is at least a legit star...and they get him LOOONG TERM.... plus you get capela long term who would be an allstar if hes in the east heck if he is on any team other than houston...

sure cp3 has had health issues but so was davis... if they take a good care of him he can make them relevant...

his health problems are overly magnified on cf hes pretty healthy player and always plays at least half the season...at least he is as healthy as kyrie and his game is not predicated on athleticism

and you get an instant playoffs team with cp3 capela jrue danuel randkle okafor mirotic and other snipers

none of the picks or other players they could get from boston or lakers will ever develop in cp3 caliber player

no should take this..its the surest thing they can get.... they need to get real and realize they will never ever win chip so they better keep nawleans interested in the team by competing for playoffs every year

why lose 5 years tanking when you can get a real team instantly

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Usually I agree but...with Boston sitting right there with better prospects like Tatum...I just wait...especially with the draft coming up you never know what shakes loose.

Right now they don't have many options but the Lakers and unless they really want Lonzo Ball and Ingram or something they should sit this one out and see what else will shake loose.

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I get what you're saying, but just being realistic, CP3 is 33 and injury prone, just signed a max deal...if they trade Davis they'll not be able to contend in any way soon so, getting Chris Paul at 33 with that contract for Davis is just a waste, they can simply get better assets.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

Marteen and FLASH21 like this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

False, they already have Julius Randle and Nikola Mirotic in their frontcourt.

Along with their rising defensive stal-worth Jah Okafor off the bench... right a @basketballholic

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wonder if the Knicks would trade Porzingis + filler for AD and then try to get Kyrie in the Summer.....

AD, Kyrie and Knox would surely put them back in the playoffs.......right?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DONE DEAL IMO

I thinik Boston will start with Hayward and be rejecting
    But
    Do you do
    Jalen Brown/ Scary Terry, Jayson tatum and Picks?
    Maybe Switch Jalen for Horford

Rocket River

luckyman76 likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think AD wants to be the FIRST PIECE
    Because he been that in NO

Rocket River

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Good point. After thinking it through I think that the Knicks wouldn't have capspace to get Kyrie either. They would still need to move Hardaway and Lee.