1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WNBA - where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LongTimeFan, Jun 1, 2002.

1. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

There is no way in hell that would happen.

2. kenj28

kenj28 Member

I love the WNBA and the NBA and am not sure why the two have to be compared . I can just as easily enjoy a high school basketball game .The thing is to enjoy them for what they are .Perhaps those who are opposed to the league have been conditioned this way .I know people who can't get into womens basketball but think nothing odd about womens track and field or tennis .In other countries pro womens leagues have existed for decades .Indeed it was the US mens 1996 olympic team that encouraged David Stern to consider starting a league for the ladies here .Whether or not they could beat the men is irrelevant and misses the point . The best triple A baseball team could not beat a major league team ,but does that mean the sport is not worthy somehow ?That is flawed thinking and says more about the people raising the question than anything .

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Sue Bird might be fine, but Tina Thompson's lips really make me wonder if she can.......well....never mind......

4. Scout

Scout Member

kenj28, very nicely put.

Where do I stand on our Comets. Well, I'm not a guy (the question itself is very telling) but I stand right in Compaq Center for every home game yelling my head off 98% of the time.

Sue Bird of the Seattle Storm is not only goodlooking but she is making an impact as a rookie. Wait till Lauren Jackson is in the groove and on the court along with her! At this point, Sue is looking like ROY along with Tamika Catchings of the Indiana Fever.

So you guys who don't like team ball - passing for layups, etc., do you like college ball? I don't watch it regularly but when I did, it seemed to have a lot more team ball than the pro game. Where do you stand on men's college basketball?

I get bored with 8' tall men, two feet from the goal jumping 6" off the ground to put the ball in the hole. But that's just me.

5. Scout

Scout Member

Icehouse...in your dreams. You are probably not man enough for Tina! No offense of course, it's just my high respect for Tina making me say that.

6. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

If you built your own team with non scholar athletes the Comets would win by 80.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like the WNBA
    I hate baseball . .. and needed something to fill the summer months
    WNBA is that
    [I was beginning to watch tennis and GOLF .. . . GOLF FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!]

It is basketball...I like basketball

Rocket River