1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WNBA - where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by LongTimeFan, Jun 1, 2002.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

How many of you guys watch our Comets?

Or care about their championships, or new recruits?

To be honest, I just couldn't care less. I didn't celebrate or even think about ANY of their championships.. I guess I just can't get into womens basketball...

I'd like to see someone dunk, but that wouldn't necessarily change my attitude toward the game... I don't think I'll ever attend a WNBA game either, unless they were free tix and I had nothing else to do...

what about YOU?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

for the most part, i could care less. i just am not that interested in it...

however, i hope the comets win...i just don't hope enough to watch...UNLESS they're in a title game...if they're playing for the possibility of another championship for houston, i'll tune in.

i don't dislike the wnba...just don't care enough about it to follow it all that much. but i'm glad we have a franchise in houston, the same way I'm glad we have the Houston ballet. I could care less about ballet (despite the fact my sister was a pro!!) but i'm glad it's here because it's just another piece of a cultural puzzle.

3. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

A big critique to the league is dunking. There has been none. Might the interest change if Snow or whoever dunks in a game? I think so. For some reason, players don't want to be the first one to dunk. More will dunk after the first.

4. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I lost interest in the WNBA several seasons ago, although I'm proud that the Comets won their titles. It has nothing to do with dunking; I just find the NBA game and atmosphere more entertaining as a whole.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm a huge fan!

6. Holden

Holden Member

i hope it goes out of buisiness.
    its just a really watered down Cba.

:(

7. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I usually try to watch their games. They are fun to watch, especially when the NBA is gone for the summer.

I was actually watching the Comets play when my wife was in labor with our son in August of 2000. :)

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don't like women's basketball for various reasons. It doesn't matter why I don't like it, I don't watch it, but if someone likes it then good for them. I'm not against the WNBA.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I tend to watch the playoffs if the Comets are playing but thats about it

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They play an inferior game with a much smaller ball, and it is mostly a collection of layups.

Watch the commercials, 90% of the shots they show are spinning LAYUPS.

The only redeeming quality about the WNBA is that they pass the ball and set screens etc.

As for the WNBA - Pass.

DaDakota

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No look pass.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Using that analogy, the NBA is a collection of no-look passes leading to dunks since that is mostly what they show in the NBA commercials. I don't recall seeing a nice pick leading to an open jump shot in any of the NBA marketing.

13. Timing

Timing Member

DaDa and his smaller balls. :rolleyes:

I'm not as much a fan of the league as I am some of the players. The league as far as entertainment goes is just like the NBA. Some teams are boring as hell and some teams are fun to watch. I'm encouraged though with the influx of all these talented college players. Sue Bird needs to be marketed like hell. She's a babe and would really help the image of the league.

14. right1

right1 Member

I'd love to see Sue Bird dunk. Even on an 8 foot.

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I watch it if it's on when I want to watch something ... and nothing else interesting is on. I can watch any basketball, heck, even the NBDL entertains me, lol. Tina Thompson is fun to watch.

My wife will NOT watch it though. She doesn't mind watching NBA with me, or even college if it's an important game, but if I even mention WNBA I have to go to the room. Doesn't entertain her in the slightest, go figure.

16. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Sue Bird is FINE!! :eek: :D

[​IMG]

17. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I dont care for the WNBA not enough action seeing fast break layups in pro sports doesnt fly with me. :D

18. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

The WNBA is horrible, bottom line. At least thats my point of view but Im a guy, I understand they did it for girls and if it makes them happy then thats great. But the quality of play just sucks.

19. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

WNBA sucks.

However, I do think the Comets would beat the Rockets.
    ;)

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I could build a squad at the gym (non-scholarship athletes) that could whip up on the Comets. Of course I'd exclude myself cause I'd get my stuff packed.