1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards turned down Harden for Beal and Singleton deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Captain Hook, Dec 11, 2012.

1. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

No, I honestly stopped reading your comments two posts ago. I simply don't care what you have to say. Your posting is tedious and uninteresting, and I make it a habit not to read passionate replies that start with LOL anyway. My time isn't as worthless as some.

I do appreciate the smug, time-saving summary laced with ad hominem attacks and condescending language though. I'll read a paragraph, maybe. I regret that I can't offer you the sense of self-awareness it would take for you to be embarrassed by your semantic "well the Wizards knew he was available so you see that's not technically true!" stupidity, but again, you'll be happy to know I haven't felt the least bit invested in any of your comments.

It has been officially confirmed that you just had some silly, uninteresting Daryl Morey axe to grind and no actual insights or insider information to share about this trade. Other than of course the truly funny thing, which is that you are naive and ignorant enough to believe that it was just those two players involved, rather than a more likely scenario involving at least them and the Wizard's own first rounder. At the very least.

That's the world we live in. Not one where a man you dislike for unrelated reasons did something objectively bad, because you don't like him. Daryl Morey doesn't even know or care that you exist, and now I find myself in the same club.

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

My god, I just noticed you're even editing this stuff. You can set your levels of I WILL ENGAGE YOU MY INTERNET FOE at maximum care, but it still doesn't change the fact that you made a silly valuation of a trade rumor that was never described in detail to begin with, and now embarrassed, you are backpeddling on your unicycle with your clown makeup on like those street performers who get spit on in Hermann Park. Oh lawd

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Man, I must have really struck a nerve. You let your emotions get the best of you to the point that you thought Seraphin was the other player involved in the offer and not Singleton. You can worship at the alter of Daryl Morey all you want, but don't get so upset when people mention how the Rockets were extremely lucky in this scenario as a result of Washington saying no to OKC. There are many Morey worshipers who, just like you, can't handle anything but blind praise towards DM. You're still claiming not to read my posts, but you still keep responding. Lol, how pathetic. A downward spiral for you indeed.

Edit: There's no backpedaling involved at all, but if it makes you feel better about yourself, go ahead and believe what you like. You can always be a contributing member and edit your posts just like me and all the other members who have contributed to this website.

Double Edit: You have the audacity to talk about condescending language when you initially claimed that I was "pulling things out of my ass," but offered no evidence to support your position other than conjecture. Next time don't be so condescending if you're so sensitive that you can't handle somebody responding to you in the same way.

Oh wait, I forgot, you're not even reading my posts. :rolleyes:

#83 Kwame, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

This novel you've written about how you literally don't know the details of a trade you nevertheless have an opinion about is some top tier stuff. It's like we can just sense the throat clearing and the glasses push-up with after every post. This got super sad right around the time you started arguing semantics and misspellings, having long since abandoned your silly point to talk about how "mad" people were. Just Internet Posting at its most typical. :)

5. YaosDirtyStache

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Did you just triple edit? This is what I'm saying. You are The Internet personified. You don't know what you're talking about, have no more information than anybody else, but are very, very invested in trying to be right about it. It is sad to me.

7. Kwame

Wait, you're still reading my posts after you've claimed on more than one occasion that you've stopped? You got problems. You really do have nothing left to say since you can't support the hypothetical claims that you're making.

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Oh I didn't read your book report posts, they were a waste of time. Note that you're the only one who has made any claims here. You said the Rockets' deal was better for OKC and that Daryl Morey was "lucky" that Washington turned down OKC's trade offer. I pointed out that your claim was dumb because

1. It's based on an unsubstantiated rumor that OKC (i.e. the people who supposedly made the offer) has flatly denied

2. The details of the trade rumor were never fully released, only described by a source within the Wizards organization as a package based around Beal and Singleton.

3. You decided that meant it was for only those two players, even though that makes no sense and some picks would have almost certainly been involved.

4. Then come to find out, you just don't like Daryl Morey for unrelated reasons, and you have this narcissistic belief that you're some sort of edgy poster for having a non-consensus opinion about him. Most people who know basketball think he's a great GM, but you've seen through all the lies. He's not so good. NOT SO GOOD AT ALL! They rally round tha family! With a pocket full of shells!!!!!!11111one

9. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Sometimes you gotta bullet point it for the slower ones or they'll spend two pages talking about a word you misspelled. ;)

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I guess Kwame still no like Morey

11. Kwame

How did you know they were a waste of time if you didn't read them? The fact still remains that you claimed that you weren't reading my posts, but you still keep responding to them.

You're wrong again, because the absolute majority of people who posted in this thread essentially said the same thing, but you didn't tell everybody else in this thread that their "claim were dumb." Reading is fundamental.

Can you please provide a link that states OKC flatly denied this supposedly unsubstantiated rumor? Here's what somebody who, unlike you, had knowledge of OKC's interest in Beal said: The Wizards’ decision to hold on to Beal made sense because teams are often willing to trade draft picks but are more inclined to keep players once they’ve been selected.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...-oklahoma-city-last-season-washington-wizards

Either way, it's funny that you are more than willing to use the same sources that you deride to support your unsubstantiated claims and conjecture while condemning at the same time when they demonstrate that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Wrong again...multiple sources have acknowledged this offer. Here's what an NBA executive said: Beal was drafted third overall by Washington in June, and the Thunder didn’t make the offer for Beal and Singleton until two months later.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...-oklahoma-city-last-season-washington-wizards

The word package is never used in the article.

You're claiming that other picks would have been involved. When you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you. Either provide us with evidence that "some picks" were involved or just stop. If you can't do so, then your claim is baseless.

The only thing I've read quotes one person within the Wizards' organization as saying the Thunder wanted an established player (which they didn't have according to the source) in return, but that contradicts all other reports because if that was the case OKC wouldn't have made the offer to begin with.

Let's hypothetically say that OKC asked for a 1st round draft pick and Washington still said no, the Rockets offer is still much better than OKC's asking price for Harden from the Wizards in this hypothetical scenario.

I never said any of this. You're just making stuff up and putting word's in people's mouth. You seem to be good at that. All I said was that the Rockets were extremely lucky to be able to get Harden since the Wizards turned down OKC's offer for him and that Rockets gave OKC a much better deal. Again, that's the general consensus in this thread. You seem to be part of the "Morey can do no wrong" crowd, which would explain why you took offense to my comments. It's like saying people don't like Jeremy Lin, because they have a problem with his fanboys.

Where did I spend a page talking about a misspelled word? Another example of you making stuff up. This thread devolved because you decided that you would start posting like a child and couldn't handle it when you were treated like one. Also, try to calm down and collect all your thoughts before you post. That way you don't have to double-post. Alternatively, you can become a contributing member instead of free-riding. Here's some info on that: http://www.clutchfans.net/tipjar.cfm

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The Wizroll is at $65m this season and slated to be $67m next season, though I'm sure there are things they could do to shed salary then to accomodate a big salary for Harden without going into luxury tax. But, yeah, they can't get the big capspace the Rockets have, with big contracts out to Nene and Okafor. Honestly, they still have some chaff on the roster to get rid of -- Ariza, OKafor, probably Nene -- before they'll be in a position the Rockets are now in: a star, some young potential, and cap space. That should happen in the next 1-2 seasons.