1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards offer Van Gundy job, ownership

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Jun 6, 2003.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Jeff Van Gundy has reportadly been offered the Washington Wizards head coaching job and 2% of the ownership. Hope the Rockets can top that.

2. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

where did you hear this from?

3. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

NBC, just saw it too

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

I think we should counter and Les should offer him his dog.

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Steve Mark on NBC

6. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

If we lose out on Van Gundy now we are going to have a problem. This might go down as one of the worst days for the organization. Who is left after Van Gundy? And I don't think we can get Dunleavy now.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The good news is that Van Gudy is still in Houston.. the longer he's here the more likely it seems that he will accept the job.

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

well, not sure if it's true yet... ESPN usually is the first to post anything and there is nothing about that there. CNNSI was the first to post Larry Brown was officially hired by the Pistons and they haven't done anything as well. Sounds to me like a rumor. It's hard to believe that while Van Gundy is in Houston they are offering him the job.

10. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

That's a tough offer to beat. (yes I know that's fairly evident, but... that's a tough offer to beat).

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Not getting JVG might be a blessing. if the Rockets open the interview process up again, they will find guys like Cleamons,Carisle,Jordan,and other potentially good candidates to fill the void. I really think Cleamons and him bringing the triangle would be the best thing for the Rockets and their offense. The defense will be alright. I'm kinda hoping JVG go to Washington.

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Jordan? NO.

13. JPM0016

just to clarify, he's talking about Eddie Jordan, a Nets assistant who basically created that offense, not Michael Jordan

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Lynus 302:- In the meantime please clean up your vocabulary! You are posting on a quality Forum.

15. Raven

Raven Member

This is getting silly. JVG almost certainly knows whether he wants the Houston job or not. He's just playing both sides to get a better contract. If he keeps it up, simply walk away and go with Dunleavy.

Raven

16. farhan007

farhan007 Member

heres a way to top that. We show Van Gundy Francis and Yao.

17. JPM0016

that what i think Raven... this is getting ridiculous, he knows what he wants, what can Jeff buy with 7 or 8 million that he can't buy with 5. He has about 250 career wins, and no championships... Rudy T had 2 championships and 500 wins and he was making 6 million. No way should Jeff make that much.

18. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

This whole damn thing is driving me nucking futs. I'm sorry, but this has gone past ridiculous. How our team with so much potential and our organization can keep getting hosed like this is making my head hurt.

19. ErraticAssassin

Can you honestly think of anything more worthless than stock in the Wizard's franchise? They could give him 10 million shares and it will be worth zero when that franchise goes bankrupt in 5 years. Why don't they throw in a bologna sandwich in it while there at it?

What kind of dog does Les have? I'd take the Rockets job and the dog if I were Van Gundy.

#19 ErraticAssassin, Jun 6, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2003
  20. JPM0016

relax, we don't know if it's true yet.... nbc reported it, not espn, not mark berman who always knows what is going on. Let's wait for conformation before we start jumping to conclusions.

I believe Van Gundy is playing the wizards to get more money here. But it's hard to believe while Jeff is touring the city, looking at homes and schools the wizards would step in and offer jeff all of that.