1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards Acquire Trevor Ariza

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Dec 14, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Now that Ariza is on another team its time to see if Morey made a mistake in not matching that 15M offer.

2. jcf

jcf Member

I would love to know this. I thought everything was great in locker room last year.

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol theres no way ariza is turning that franchise around

roslolian likes this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I knew KO was being moved. That was stated before the season by all...

But...

One ear said the Rockets made a small push to get involved with the PHX trade, but as you know, we don't have a ton to offer. To the greater point, Morey isn't ready to sacrifice a chess game to bring back someone who *could* simply choose to come to family dinner.

BUT....Ariza has SOLID roots in Washington. He adores Houston, but in any discussion Washington and Los Angeles would be in his preferred destinations.

Right now, especially with the WASH turmoil, I don't see Trev coming home this year. I don't see him being bought out unless Wash goes completely out of the playoff picture. The east changes so quickly.

Bigger Loss for us...Ears had us nabbing Kelly Shhh for awhile as the wing we need for now and in the future. Phoenix will LOVE him. They will do everything in their power to sign him to a nice contract. He will be worth it. Also, that boy Hassan will force his ass out of the beach ....lol....that Heat locker room is devastating...but Spo and Co cover it up well.

That's just disappointing to guys like me, who hope for game-changers that exist on the fringes. KO is an underrated talent...good for him escaping the depths of hell

LOL, I know I told ya'll the Wash implosion well before the season. I had no idea it would be this bad.

Not Rockets related, but Bradley is next. KO was close friend. Beal wants to actually play in an offense with a system. He'll start seeking an escape.

Rockets related: Too much to post because Morey, again, seems to be the most active GM in the league right now. Ear: No one out west will do us any favors. Ear 2: We want those picks, that shooter and____

Morey will find a way, but remember, we don't need a star. We simply need to #DecreaseTheDrop.

6. Codman

KO is no bum...he didn't get the development or opportunity in Wash. From management down to coaching, KO didn't get a fair shake. His talent is undeniable. And, the rumor of him being difficult to coach is false. Rather, he just WANTS a COACH! :)

Bums? If I had to name one bum in the NBA, I'd name part of the GS roster. If you're offered a good contract to just sit and watch a team with stars, and you don't log more than 10 minutes a game...you're a bum on a bum team. And you're a bigger bum if you decided to join that bum team.

Sure, they've won...a whole damn lot. But, I don't respect winning that has the * next to each playoff series and championship win.

#FreeKlay

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I was really hoping the Rockets could get KO. He would have been a good fit. And it would be nice to add some YOUTH and ATHLETICISM to the roster.

The Suns originally wanted Dillon Brooks but relented in taking KO "just to get the deal done" to send Ariza out. David Aldridge commented that the Suns could look to "re-route" KO somewhere else. I was kinda hoping Houston.

I wonder about the fit with KO in Phoenix though with Jackson, Warren, Bridges already there on the wings.

Not surprised the West is spurning Morey. They know how close the Rockets are. Frustrating.

Thanks for the update on this situation @Codman

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Love your input and info as always @Codman good to hear from you....and I was actually responding to @BigBum bcuz he was calling everybody who the rockets have been rumored too bums

Codman likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

conspiracy to keep the Rockets down ... yet GSW can part the Red Sea in one day to clear cap room for Durant ... thx a lot Cuban and Portland.

@Os Trigonum @DreamShook

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

d*mn you Adam Silver

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't need Codman's industry contacts to know that THE NBA DOESN'T WANT THE ROCKETS TO SUCCEED.

whiskeyred and clutchdabear like this.
  12. Codman

I can't confirm a conspiracy, but teams like to see a MVP, a top10 PG of ALL TIME and a GM who has pioneered a different lens of looking at players to....fail.

But, in Morey fashion, it's not happening. We're a five game winning streak from being right there and a couple of moves away from some needed depth.

The problem will be what the Rockets give up. The pain. We SHOULD be winning with a core of James, CP and Clint, but they can't do everything. James shouldn't have to drop trip-dubs for us to win. This isn't like Dwight's final season where James kept us in the playoff discussion.

To his credit, I hear from a guy at practice that Ennis plays his heart out. He's just "new" to this type of playing and doesn't have the endurance and natural adjustment qualities that Trevor has/had. It's not his fault.

Our rooks in DH and GC are nice building blocks, and I agree with those signings.

Just understand, EVERYONE is on the chopping block with the exception of: JH, CP3, Clint* and PJ* (Honorable mention: EGo**)

*CC and PJ are said to be untouchable, but if Morey is blown away by an offer, he may bite. BUT, James (from an Ear) has a voice in some of the major transactions. I have no doubt in my mind that he will protest any trade that sends away PJ and Clint. James attributes his better passing to finding bigs like Clint.

**EGO is obviously the "sexy" piece in a trade. But, you can't receive equal value in return. Truly. When EGO is hot, his shot is deadly. Without Ego, WE WOULD NOT HAVE WON 2 GAMES in the WCF. Period. People forget that value in crunch time.

With anger, I'd hate to see my guy go, but salaries have to match. We've discussed it. He gets the whole "it's business" thing. But he truly loves Houston, his teammates, MDA and the fans. Once mentioned that he wished the vetoed trade to have Pau and him here went through. Suggested his career would have been better because of Houston's medical staff. (Sorry...that's my personal feelings coming through)

And, with pain, I'd hate for Gerald to be sent ANYWHERE. He has become the heart of this team. No matter the situation, he plays for the love of the game, for the love of Htown.

But, with our slow start and lack of depth, painful decisions have to be made... Melo's situation is close to being resolved. Packaged as of now, but with respect to his legacy. (Personally, I wish we had him off the bench playing a couple of minutes in the post, but again, I had high hopes when he was first supposed to be traded here, until OKC swooped in and discredited everything reported to me lol. Damn you, life haha)

....If we plan on using James' window for a championship, we have to make adjustments. His window is open, but it closes every year we don't get the support he needs. CP will return to form, but Ennis is not ready to be Elie, Ariza, etc.

More to come. I just need a moment, personally and professionally.

Tell your loved ones how you feel while you can. Holidays are tough when you're giving your gifts to the stone in the ground.

XO

Cod

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Are we all just going to ignore Keith Jones is respected in other locker rooms yet Clutchfans hates him? Put Repeck on his name, @J.R.!

[​IMG]

Stay up @Codman, we appreciate you.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Greasy Keith Jones is fine. ;)

BigShasta likes this.
  17. jsingles

jsingles Member

Who ever thought the Rockets were?

saleem likes this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Plenty of folks - but then again this is ClutchFans so we are always rumored to be involved in any move for any player

bmelo likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance