1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the ref being against us tonight it makes me nervous for the next round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Apr 21, 2019.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I'm proud of our guys grinding out and pulling through all the bs. It shows alot about this team and how much we have grown. Years before we would let the ref get to us and let game get out of our hands. I dont care about how bad harden shot tonight, I'm glad he didn't revert back to his old self, letting it get to him. Not everyone is going to have a good shooting night, even Kobe himself had plenty of them.

tc0330, Hakeemtheking and saleem like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You never know

The NBA might think the GS narrative is played out and won't make as much money as harden vs giannis MVP battle .

JW86, Bengchu, dragonwill and 10 others like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

As much as both the warriors and rockets both complain to the red on every single foul. It’s the one solitary thing that Doris said tonight that I fully agree with.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

it should have already been known and expected that the refs will favor GS in the next round so this game didn’t make me feel any different about facing GS

juanm34, Remlap, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Let's close out the series tomorrow, the league should ban Ken Mauer

juanm34, RyanB and saleem like this.
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Kobe, as great as he was, could have built a few castles in Newport Beach with all the bricks he threw over the years. Games shooting 3-15 were not that uncommon.

hakeem94 and ryano2009 like this.
  7. pippsux

pippsux Member

The refs had nothing to do with Harden's shooting. He did the smart thing which is put your head down and get to the line. He also did other things..... If he made his shots, this would be another blowout.

hakeem94 and ryano2009 like this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. not everything is a hit job by the refs. some missed calls will always go against us, some go for us. there is such thing as a home court advantage by the refs which we won't have in Utah.

it seems harden is the most difficult player in the league to ref because he's so physical and he looks to create contact. the most physical players usually take a beating in return. shaq and Yao would take an obscene amount of contact before the refs gave them a call. harden isn't a center but he's become the most physical and most unguardable player in the league as shaq/yao were.

I thought overall the refs were fine. and even if they weren't you have to find a way to win anyway.

hakeem94 and ribbit like this.
  9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I think the refs did a hell of a job on both sides with the exceptions of a few botched calls both ways... No blame on the refs. NEXT....

10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Before when harden had a bad game it would affect him on defense, but last night he still put effort in on the defensive end

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Every fan base thinks their team is getting screwed by the refs. It's because calls are missed multiple times in every game. Fans tend to remember the bad calls that went against their team and tend to forget the calls that favored their team.

Officials miss calls. It happens in all sports. Sometimes the bad call changes the outcome of the game, sometimes it doesn't. Officiating is never going to be perfect, so some fans will always think their team is getting screwed.

Basketball in my opinion is a very difficult sport to officiate. The players make it even more difficult with the flopping and exaggerating that goes on in every single game. The game has become about tricking the ref to get to the free throw line. All teams do it, and then the fans get upset when the ref falls for the trick.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well, first off I have to question your sanity if you thought that the Rockets were ever going to get a fair shake versus the Warriors.

Voltik, RetroRockets and daywalker02 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is much truth to that but the refs screw us anyway.

14. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

well said

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Missed calls are one thing... then you get the occasional "KD 3-4 steps out of bounds on national tv with 2 refs looking directly at him" makes me think otherwise.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the refs had nothing to do with that he had a poor shooting night (and that is understated if anything) but he became tentative after the second bogus call that gave Mitchell a 4 point play early in the first quarter. Harden has a tendency to get call for more offensive fouls so after picking up his second he definitely played a bit more timid, but there were still a ton of shots he normally makes that he did not.

But the Jazz LIVED at the line in the 3rd quarter. They scored what 20 points in the 3rd? Half of that came from the line on really ticky tack calls that were not being called on the other end. Those FT help the Jazz stay in the game despite the horrendous shooting from Harden. The Rockets defense was probably as locked in as I have seen it for Game 3.

Voltik, pippendagimp and Sajan like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Vegas has us -3.5

They know we got this.