Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Apr 26, 2012.
Would we draft a center or the best talent available?
Its another asset!
Would we draft a 6'9 Forward or the best talent available?
I have no idea.
He's still at Baylor
trade up to get Austin Rivers.
The Suns have the better "(4) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference" so it's likely the 13th pick.
Not anymore. He decided to enter
Lets accept it, we are stuck drafting 6-9 forwards.
He might still be at Baylor but his name is in the draft and he has signed with an agent.
The Suns drafting Rivers at 13th would make this win over the Hornets even sweeter! *sarcastic laugh* Ugh.
We'll draft another tweener PF/SF with the same result as last year ... and the year before that. Maybe we'll get lucky and Arnett Moultrie will show some promise in the D-League. We would never draft Meyer Leonard because he is only a sophomore -- not old enough to be a Rocket. I'm so tired of moneyball and it's inherent mediocrity. Apologies for being down.
Suns hold tiebreaker.
we finished a game better than Phoenix
Why are you in love with Rivers? Other than being Doc Rivers' son, I don't see the appeal. His weaknesses cancel his strengths and he is another tweener, more SG than PG. I'm not dissing your enthusiasm for him. I just don't see enough to get excited.
I'd be happy with:
- PF/SF Perry Jones III: He almost surely won't be here, but I'd be ecstatic if he was.
- SG Terrence Ross: Needs polish, but has a high-ceiling and athleticism we could use on the wing.
- SF/PF Royce White: Not sure where he'd fit on the current roster, but he's an incredibly unique and versatile talent worth grabbing (despite his mental concerns).
- C Meyers Leonard: Has the length and tools to develop, and we have Camby to hold down the C spot until he's ready.
- SG Jeremy Lamb: Some have him slipping but he has elite scoring potential, he just needs to mature and gain some unselfishness.
I'd be so-so with:
- PF John Henson: The shot-blocking would be useful, but would he contribute significantly elsewhere?
- SG Austin Rivers: Has the killer-instinct and scoring ability, but lacks a left-hand and is somewhat one-dimensional.
- SF/PF Terrence Jones: Another "power-wing", but I like him more than Morris for sure.
- PF Arnett Moultrie: Solid across the board, unspectacular.
- PG Damian Lillard: Only if it's obvious we're dealing one of our PGs. Don't see him developing the PG mentality, but he has great offensive skillset.
- PF/C Tyler Zeller: He doesn't have the upside that I'd want, and I don't like him as a C longterm.
- SG Dion Waiters: Can score and make plays on both ends, but is only 6-4 and would probably be a slight reach.
I'd be pissed off:
- PF Jared Sullinger: Short, fat PF without athleticism. Sounds likely, unfortunately.
- SF Moe Harkless: I like the kid, but I watch a lot of SJ, and he's NOT ready to contribute offensively on the NBA perimeter. He's been overrated.
Tie breaker for playoff seed doesn't apply to 9th or 10th place. Ties between teams out of the playoffs are settled via random draws. Anyway, it's all irellevant now. Sucks that we dropped a spot in the draft. Moving on..
I don't see PJIII dropping all the way down to 14th. If he somehow does, i think he would be the popular pick.
I would go with need on this one and pick Leonard. Like they should have done last year.
I would either take a flyer on White, Fournier or J. Taylor with the 16th.
Rivers will be there at 14 or later. Need to package picks and move up, been said every year but it's true.