1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With our history of injured stars...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fuzzybear, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Why do we keep on having our young players "play through pain"?

This isn't just on the coaching staff, but you would think Morey or in general management would take a much more careful approach to the handling of our players.

Seriously, even if our record tanks for the entire year, the possibility of having another Tmac/Yao situation with Harden, Lin, and Parsons really frustrates me to no end. I would rather drop ten games early in the season giving the proper precaution to avoid aggravating injuries than to do the easily avoidable mistake of more seriously re-injuring our core players.

Harden has been struggling with foot issues all season, and it is general knowledge that the time when players are most vulnerable to more serious injury is when they are playing with a lingering one. Then the high ankle sprain happens.

Parsons is playing on a bad back, and who knows when that might turn into something more serious? He's playing great to his credit, but I would honestly rather NOT take the risk and at least give him a precautionary window of time off to make sure that due diligence is being done to keep him intact for the future.

Jeremy Lin has had previous knee issues, and now has a bad back to go along with this. Sit him out until he is 110%.

Maybe other people have differing opinions, but this is something that I simply cannot understand about a team which has had entire seasons lost to injury. We simply don't seem to learn from our mistakes as an organization.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

If we drop 10 games early in the season we will be lucky to make the playoffs

3. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

My entire point is that just "making the playoffs" isn't everything. If that's the cost of doing our due diligence with regard to injury, then so be it. I'm honestly of the opinion that dropping 10 games would actually not happen even with everyone sitting out.

4. DocRock

DocRock Member

Because the coaching staff's contracts are up at the end of the season and they need W's.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey seems smarter than to fire a staff for not winning when injuries are clearly a factor. The coaching staff just isn't good. We need an extra strong staff since our "stars" aren't leaders.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Welcome to the NBA.

7. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Sampson even worse than McHale.

Hes coaching for a head coach job every time he subs for McHale.

He's not Rockets first. He's 'my heading coaching job next' first.

8. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

'head coaching'

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Rockets are notoriously known for playing injury prone Allstars NBA Finals minutes during friggin regular season games SMFH.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm not really worried about the coaching decisions (although I do believe we need better coaching) but rather the whole state of the rockets future with injuries.

Parsons is going to be up for an extension and he's a pretty young guy to be having back problems this early in his career. Giving him big money and then having him be injury ridden every season here and there is going to really hurt the franchise.

Dwight isn't going to be getting any younger. I hear things like "he's not 100 percent yet", and you gotta wonder how encouraging that is seeing that his career is no longer on the incline and we've committed 22 mil per year for the next four years with this guy.

Harden is a tough kid but he keeps playing the way he plays and he might be playing Dwayne wade type seasons in a few years, and that's not good cuz we don't have a lebron.

Lin has had his fair share but it's those three I just mentioned that would really affect the franchise. We can't afford to lose games to Utah and Sacramento when we have at least two of those guys playing or else we don't stand a chance of getting into the playoffs with all healthy bodies. I already think this season will end with disappointment, but unless we make the playoffs with our roster fully healthy, the first round is the ceiling.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

They play because the doctor says they're _ussies if they don't.

I miss Moochie Norris. Total side note.