1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With harden on this team, no hope to win a championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shorey, Dec 5, 2013.

1. shorey

shorey Member

I would like some players that play hard, even less talented. Trade him for Paul George, or even Khwai Leonard, or even Lance Stevenson, without a blink. I got deeply hurt with Tracy McGrady playing with no heart on this team 5 years ago, and I now feel even worse.

It is not that he plays weak defense (btw, I should not say weak, it is NO defense actually). I don't understand what the ****ing he was doing stay in the lane and leave the his man on the corner or 3 point line in the half court defense. He won't be able to block the driver, and have no brain to rotate. When the opposite team runs a fast break, he either stay in the front court or, if he is in the back court already, foul a driver or completely give up. Could he please even try to stay in front of the man in your defense? Always try to get some cheap steal from the behind and most of the times got passed by easily or got a foul call.

Ok, let us look at his offensive skills that people chanting about. I don't understand what the ****ing he was doing when throw a pass to his team mates with 1 second on the clock. It is even becoming so predictable for the opposite team. I cannot count how many times, the ball was stolen at the top of the circle and then a dunk at the other end.

I really hope that he could be traded for a player or two that play hard and with heart. I feel he is shameless for playing bad or hurting the team. "Only god can judge me", what the **** is that?

2 people like this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sorry, this is as good as it gets.

If you aren't happy with this team or its players, then go find a new one.

Harden will be the core of this team for the next 5+ years. If you can't deal with it, move on.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This could be the longest season in Clutchfans history. One of the best records in the league yet people think we've already missed the playoffs.

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

OP wants us to get the 14th pick

According rep is given to u

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

Harden for kawhi leonard...good gosh the GARM has gone full r****d.

1 person likes this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

What really amazes me is people complaining and b****ing about having top 5 SG in the NBA, for god's sake it's been two games only get a grip.
    I wonder what everyone's reaction including the OP if Harden is traded for a couple of role players and couple of picks..!!!

7. subzor

subzor Member

its not as bad as it looks if a draft pick is added on. scoring is not an issue for the team, brooks/cassipi/garcia/beverly can all EASILY score 10+ a game given more shots and parson/lin can score 20+ with more minutes ... defense is the issue.

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Probably the same as OKC's after Harden trade. I don't mind Harden's shooting slumps, but I fear he is dragging the team down with his attitude and spreading the no effort / laziness virus.

9. HTM

HTM Member

I hope alot of posters on clutch fans got talked off the ledge tonight.

10. subzor

subzor Member

harden is the same player as monte ellis, demar derozan, and kevin martin, all offense, no defense. how is that top 5 sg?

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I think the op made a very stupid thread.

I really think Harden is still injured and for some reason nothing is being said about it. Just think how he moved and acted in the preseason and how he is moving and acting right now. It's hard for me to believe he is healthy right now.

12. shorey

shorey Member

Wake up, do you really believe that Harden is top 4 by ESPN play ranking? Top 20 at most!!!

13. shorey

shorey Member

I think you forget what happened last year when he was known healthy.

If not healthy, then do not play. If you step on the court, you want to make a contribution, or at least try to. Being not healthy would be excuse for avoiding responsibility. I feel his play drags down the morale of his teammates. Did not you see that Cassipi didn't pass him the ball in the fourth quarter for a single time? Didn't you see that Brooks shook his head when Harden didn't box out PJ Tucker for an offensive rebound.

I watched every Rockets game since 2008, every single one. I have seen so many rocket players. Most hated player in that span for me is James Harden, and previously was Tracy McGrady.

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

This is still a stupid thread.

Many of us have watched every game since and before 2008.

Harden is a great player that is playing bad right now. Whether it is due to injury or something else who knows, but I'm sure he will return to form soon and improve over last year.

By the way, Tmac was a great player for the Rockets, you were wrong there also.

15. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Yeah there's a good chance that Harden is still injured, is trying to play through the pain, and just ends up not being able to put in the effort (particularly when he doesn't have the ball and isn't "forced" to perform with it - i.e., on defense or off-ball offense).

The coaching staff needs to figure out if this is the case, because if it is then they need to either let him sit next to Lin until he's fully healed or severely cut back on his minutes (including practice) so his foot can at least stay manageable and he can play hard for 20 minutes instead of half-assed for 40. Then maybe once Lin comes back they can let him figure out what's wrong.

I would not be surprised at all to learn that the medical staff is basically jamming his foot full of cortisone so that he can play, with no idea what is actually wrong beyond "swelling" and "pain". Without something showing up on an x-ray or MRI, that is basically what foot doctors do even when you aren't on the payroll of a professional sports team. They tell you to rest until it goes away, and then if it doesn't they inject you with cortisone to manage the swelling. And then they tell you to rest until it goes away.

16. drc3906

drc3906 Member

You are either just trying to vent, or you are actually just a nut case. If you are just trying to vent then I understand. People get mad and disappointed. If you are just a nut case, then find a new team to cheer for. I swear, when I first found this board in 2002 or so, the quality of fans where so much better. They were actually fans. Now its full of other team's fans that disguise themselves in order to trash our team, or just over dramatic nut jobs/babies. Its okay to be critical of players, but man some people go wayyyyyy overboard.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

How is the finger always being pointed towards Harden, when clearly the whole team plays poor defense in the losses we have incurred. Yes Harden is a terrible defensive play, but he is the heart of this team. Any person that thinks we can get equal value in any plausible trade needs to stop watching basketball and maybe switch to tennis or something. WE NEED HARDEN to win at the next level. The season is still young, we still have 61 games to go, look for this team to GEL and get better here down the stretch. GO ROCKETS.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Honestly we shouldn't have lost the last two games but OP needs to keep in mind that we don't have Parsons or Lin on the floor and Harden is still recovering from the foot bruise deal.

You seriously think the Rocket's organization is going to let their franchise player skip more games than needed when it comes to their health? No games played by Harden = less ticket sales sold.

On another note, Harden does need to start playing some defense though.

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Well said. It is easier for these people to blame one person than to see the big picture. Same with Lin haters or Howard haters etc.

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think your best players have to give the best effort on defense even if they're not good defeders. It makes the coaches ability to jump on the lesser players more reasonable. Harden is not giving good effort defensively. Nobody ever called tony parker gary payton,but he gives good effort so it doesn't seem one sided. The rockets as a whole aren't playing good defense. If the magic with howard were a top 4 defense despite not having any lockdown defenders,I don't see why this team can't be at least top 10 with howard. They need to give a better effort defensively and that starts with Harden. I don't really want to hear about him being hurt. His effort level offensively is there,so why can't it be there defensively also?