1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: Wasting money if you bet on Lebron to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 12, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

He's probably built up a good network at this point to where he'll still be a valuable informant and he's got LeBron's son he could cover.

rocketman12 likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed with all this. Obviously I still hold out hope for LeBron, but I'm not counting on it.

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I know that option as well. Would be a pretty gutted team big 4 and vet mins? While that four (I’m assuming capella stays) is impressive I am not sure what you can get for vet mins and some mle money. I think there are a lot of assumptions players will be lining up to take pay cuts to play on super team 2

4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Would they even be able to play Curry in that series? It would just be CP3 Bron and Harden taking turns running a train on him every time down the floor.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gutted? The Rockets would keep Tucker, Ariza, and would probably bring back Green to go along with the "big 4"....that's not really "gutted"

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let it die already the Houston Rockets will be in contention with or without

Hakeemtheking and Lurch like this.
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We need to look at PG, Cousions, AD, Kawahii immediately, if leborn does not join

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody give porky a taquito for breakfast and a double whataburger for lunch and he will be reporting lebron is leaning houston by the time he eats his bbq chicken sandwich for dinner.

9. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

He’s gonna follow “Bronny” Jr around for his NBA career.

rocketman12 likes this.
  10. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Opt in and Trade is the ONLY option. There is no mythical way we can create capspace to sign lebron. Well there is one way, and it would actually involve renouncing cp3 which would never happen. ONLY OPTION is opt in and trade, and NO its not gutting the team. Its keeping practically the whole thing intact minus anderson and lose gordon. But honestly would you need gordon 3 players that can run point and create their own shot and teammates shots(CP3, Harden and Lebron aka Super Harden)?

Thats still keeping tucker and ariza. Luc and Green are free agents. Regardless if we get lebron or not that doesnt affect what we can offer them. We are a luxury tax team now regardless of lebron. We dont have a standard MLE to use. We only have the taxpayers exception of around 5 million. We can only offer luc and green 120% of what they made last year as a standalone contract since we only have non bird rights for them. Thats the same regardless of trading for lebron or not. Its up to them wanting to be here or not.

Raisin and D-rock like this.
  11. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Hope he's wrong but I can't really see Harden and Lebron playing together.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Opt in and Sign &Trade is the most realistic option but not the only option.

Lebron could opt out and sign for less like Durant did with GSW. Very unlikely but still an option especially if Morey can move Ryno without taking any salary back.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The fit issue i'm worried about is organisational, he got sick of Riley "running the team", and i can't see Houston surrendering to him when he's driven Cleveland into the ground.

We have a functioning gm, with experience, who won't overpay for crap

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I can see it and its beautiful!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They took turns moving off the ball and CP3 has adapted better than Harden, Harden still does his thing.

Props to Chris actually for all of that, he made sacrifices with touches and ball possession.

Harden tries on Defense, give him credit for that.

Lebron's ego is way bigger than Harden's and CP3's combined, so good luck with dat.

He got the tools to back it up but I think it will hurt him the most mentally, giving up touches.

16. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

? If lebron opts out we can only sign him with our 5 million dollar exception. What are you talking about? Moving Ryno doesnt do anything for us signing lebron.

Durant signed for 25+ Million for 2 years with CAP SPACE. They were in a unique situation where their players were cheap with lower cap holds and had bird rights. They squeezed durant in. We cant even remotely do that. Not the same at all.

We wont have cap space regardless to sign him. Cap holds for cp3 and capela and ariza are about 52 million plus harden. Thats already 82 million out of the 101 million cap. Add all the other contracts we have and just to sign him to a discount wed have to gut the entire team and thats a ridiculous less than durant discount. Thats not going to happen. That isnt an option. Quit pretending it is.

#156 Gorilladunks, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its happening
    [​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Turd hand with rings. Draymond.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Moving Anderson creates cap space. And Lebron is not likely to play for less than super max but playing on a one year discount, under $25M is an option just not a realistic one.

Or Tilman could pay the LT. These are all options just not good ones.

20. riko

riko Member

Skip Bayless will probably go after the son as well ( to criticize his every move) if he is still alive by then.